Chapter Twenty-Two- I'm Coming Out

I had always been amazingly skilled at having momentous  occasions on New Year's Eve. To list a few examples, there was the time that I had to have surgery because my jaw had locked open (rather unfortunate); the time that I had rushed into the house crying because my cat Biscuit had been hit by a motorcycle, and yes, I was still bothered by it, and finally today- the day that I had decided I would come out. 

So, originally this hadn't been in the plan, but after Lily and I had kissed on Christmas day, we drew apart to find that Violet had seen the whole thing. 

Fortunately, she hadn't told mum and dad yet. I was planning on telling them soon, though, it only felt right to do so. I mean, they were my parents after all, I was hardly going to hide these important life matters from any of them. 

I knew who I was, and more importantly, I knew who I liked, and my parents adored me. 

I adored them back, of course, and my father and I had promised a while ago that we wouldn't keep secrets, unless we absolutely had to. 

In saying that, though, he had also told me that he would help me hide a body if need be, so it was hard to tell when my dad was being serious. 

I just rested on my bed, as I listened to indie music fill the space of my room. 

I began to debate how I was going to go about this whole thing, but soon heard a notification ring from my laptop, and wandered over to it, to open it up. 

My results had come back for the assignment that I had done before the break! 

I had gotten a 2:1 on that particular essay, and already knew the topic for the next one. I was planning to write an essay on George Orwell's novels, next. This was particularly going to focus on his classic 1984.

Now, I had read that book a while back, but I knew that I could certainly benefit from studying the text a little better when possible.

I had been busy lately, though, spending time with my family.

It ended up really snowing in December! So, we had all taken it upon ourselves to go and have a snowball fight in the early hours of New Year's Eve.

So, I was going to consider that a success for now, given that I had plenty of time for both reading and writing, in order to raise that grade. 

Regardless, I was incredibly proud of myself, and was planning on telling my friends and family about it, soon. 

I didn't usually brag about matters. 

This was true, except for when it came to my studies, when I wanted essentially everyone to know how well I had done on an exam or assignment.

I supposed that I had been wrong about Lily being one of the only people I knew to  relish in attention. Here I was doing the same thing.

"I'm tired," Violet said, as she wandered into my room then.

She simply walked over to my bed, and then collapsed upon it. 

"Hi tired," I replied.

Violet just sat up on the bed to deliberately shoot me an unamused look.

"What's new in Selina town?" she asked me.

"I got a 2:1!" I told her.

She beamed, and held her hand out for me to high five her, then.

"Ay! That's amazing, Selina," she told me.

It certainly meant a lot to me to hear that from her, at least.

I knew that my sister was going to do amazingly once she had gotten to university, too, it course.