14 - A Small Amount of Normal

We have all heard what we wanted to hear. Truth that sounds right to our ears. But what wisdom is there within us, to live based on the feeling of our hearts. How many times has instinct let us down, never to be thought through, never to be questioned. - The Sound of Truth - As I lay Dying

Davyna's POV

I wake up to a loud knock on my door. I get up groggily and in my sleepy state I don't check who it is. I open the door and all of a sudden I'm engulfed in a huge hug.

"Davyna!"

I know that voice. "Sage!" I push her away from me slightly and then pull her back in even tighter. "You're here early! I am so happy to see you!"

"Same! Your dad came and got me early as a surprise." I hear my door close and I see my Dad standing in front of it. I smile wide at him "You're sneaky. You said she wasn't coming until later!" He smiles back at me and puts Sage's bags down.

"Surprise, sweetheart." He says and I go and hug him tight. "Thanks Dad, this is great."

"You're welcome, honey. I'll leave you girls to get caught up. Call me if you need me." He turns to leave but pauses. "Oh Davyna, I wanted to say that you should go to that party tonight. Meet some others around here. We've been here a month now, you know."

Sage squeals, "A party? Davyna we have to go! I want to meet some people!"

Way to go Dad. Cat's out of the bag I guess. Didn't give me a chance to convince Sage to not go. Oh well.

I sigh, "Okay. We have to be there by 9, can you tell Kraven to arrange a car for us?"

"Sure thing. Alright, off I go. Have fun." He smiles at Sage and I, waves and then walks out my front door.

"This is so exciting! Now I have to pick out an outfit!" Sage grabs her bag and goes into my room.

I mumble behind her, "Yeah, so great."

 - - - 

Sage and I end up spending most of the morning catching up and getting her stuff organized and put away in my suite. We also spent a good hour picking outfits for the party. Honestly, having Sage here makes me kind of excited to go.

I'm laying out my outfit on my bed as Sage comes out of the shower. "So who is all going to this party?"

I reply without looking, "I think most of the people on this floor actually. Although I only know a few."

"Any boys?" I freeze. Should I tell her about Caleb and Vincent? And what happened with Asher? Sage calls my name, "Davyna? What is it?"

I clear my throat. I'll fill her in later. "Yes, there's boys. I only know a few though. Caleb and Vincent are friends with Marcella, who I work with so I kind of know them."

"You've been distant since you've been here haven't you? That's why your Dad encouraged you to go tonight." I look at her. "You know me too well. Yeah." She sighs and sits down on the bed and pats the covers. I sit beside her.

"Sage you are in a towel. Can't this wait until you're dressed? I don't need a pep talk right now."

"No it can't, and too bad... you're getting one. I'm only here a few days and you need to talk to someone."

"Sage..."

"I'm not going to let you do this to yourself, D. Plus your mom wouldn't like to see you like this you know."

I snap at her. "I know! I can't help it. I'm still so angry. There's no answers and I'm just supposed to move on? I'm just supposed to follow Dad and his wishes and move to a place FULL of supernaturals? For all I know, her killer is here!"

I pause. "I'm sorry." It's really hard to keep my emotions in check. As hard as I work on it, I still explode like a fucking cannon.

Sage shakes her head and rubs my back as I breathe heavily. "I know it's hard. I miss her too. But you've gotta loosen up. Being so angry like this is going to eat at you. I know you're not the same person you were before she died, but you've gotta figure out who you're going to be now after."

" I don't want to. I want to find who killed her."

"How feasible is that, Davyna? What do you think you're going to be able to do if you find her killer? Stop making that your main focus when it's clearly something that you're unable to do right now. You'll get nowhere only being fueled by rage."

I look at her, tears threatening to fall from my eyes. " I just miss her so much. I'm lost."

"Then look for something that helps you find your way. Don't give up."

I hug her tightly and cry quietly as she continues to rub my back and comfort me. We stay like that for a while, and then I decide it's time to get ready for the party. I get up and head to the bathroom to shower. I come out and see Sage looking over my outfit. "I think you need to change a couple things."

"What do you mean? I think it's fine."

"Hmm, put it on." I sigh and dry off and get into my outfit. It's a pair of black denim jeans that are ripped up sporadically all over, one of my trusty black tank tops with a off the shoulder loose tee over top with black wedge heel boots.

Sage comes over with a pair of scissors from my desk. "Stay still."

"What are you doing?" I say as I watch her come up and cut two holes in my tee. "Sage!?"

"Just wait..." She rips the holes a bit bigger, so now there's an open gap showing a slight bit of my chest and one on my stomach. "One last thing.." She reaches under and cuts and rips my tank top so that it's cropped and showing my stomach. Which now when my tee comes down my stomach shows slightly through the second hole.

"What in the actual hell, Sage?"

"Oh shut up, D. You look great. Showing a bit of skin doesn't hurt. It's not like you're not good to look at. I mean, just look at those abs. Jealous!" She says as she continues to adjust my top.

"Yeah okay." I scoff at her and go do my hair. I decide to straighten it and have to get Sage to help me since it's so long. I help Sage do her hair in return, braiding one side of her dark blonde hair and securing it behind her ear. She then goes and curls it a little. She's similar to my body type, but Sage doesn't work out like I do. She's decided to wear low cut black capris, with a white tank top and a white lace top over top that sits off both her shoulders. We both do our makeup, keeping it neutral as usual, and....

Finally we are ready.

I look at my phone, 8:10.. and then it rings. I answer. "Hello?"

"Hi Davyna, it's Kraven. Your transport to Bloodhaven is at the main lobby now."

"Thanks, Kraven. Sage and I will be down shortly."

Click.

"Car is here, ready to go?" Sage nods and we grab our bags, and head out to the main lobby. I text Marcella saying we're on our way, and Sage and I get into our car and make our way to Bloodhaven.

___________________________
A/N

 - party is next? How will Davyna do?

 - See you in the next one! - vv