58 - Imprisoned

You steal my only hope
And make me stay awake another night
I wish you bare with me, stay near me
When the autumn leaves have fallen

Solitude, my pain, the last thing left of me

If you fall I'll catch
If you love I'll love
And so it goes, my dear
Don't be scared you'll be safe
This I swear if you only love me. - The Misery - Sonata Arctica

Davyna's POV

I struggle as I am yanked roughly by the two guards restraining my movement as we head to the council chambers. I keep myself calm and try not to react to the force that is being used with me. I don't even know if Caleb and Vincent are behind me. I try to mind-link them, but I'm too distracted as I am pulled through the large ornate doors.

The last time I was in this room, it was a positive outcome. This time I'm not so sure.

As we approach the council's seats, I am shoved unexpectedly and I fall to my knees on the hard stone floor. I hiss lowly as sharp pains shoot up into my thighs. I go to turn to make a remark but then my attention is brought to Caleb and Vincent pushed to their knees as well beside me. This is not good. Not at all.

I keep quiet as I look up to the five familiar faces, all of which are our parents. Their facial expressions show little to no emotion other then anger aside from Matthias'. His shows just pure worry for me. It's oddly silent until Vincent breaks the silence.

"What is the meaning of this? Treason? Have you lost your minds?"

"I'd be careful with what you say, Vincent. You're not completely in the clear here either." His mother, Celeste states coldly.

Cyrus stands and leers down at me. "Davyna Blackmoon, you are accused of treason. Do you understand this?" I shake my head violently. "Absolutely not. I do not know what I have done to deserve such an accusation."

"You are a hybrid, are you not?" My eyes widen in shock, and I look to Vincent and to Caleb and they both shake their heads in confusion. How was my identity revealed? I know we were going to reveal it after we came back, but someone beat us to it I guess.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts as Cyrus yells, "ARE YOU A HYBRID OR NOT?" I jump at the startling volume and nod my head wearily. I can't deny it now, considering they must sense something different in me already.

"Yes."

"You don't deny it?"

"I said yes didn't I?"

" Davyna..." Matthias warns and I shake my head. "How is being a hybrid treason?" I ask intently. "Last time I checked it was still a supernatural being."

"That may be true, but hybrids have never been known to live among us and have no loyalty. You withheld your status from us."

"We can explain that." Caleb interjects. "She wasn't a full hybrid when she first came here. She was dormant. None of us knew until we dug deeper into her past and eventually figured it out. She presented as a human. The hybrid village made her dormant."

"Dormancy is not practiced today." Kellan states and Caleb shakes his head. "Not here maybe, but at her home in the hybrid village it is. Their elders were the ones who performed it on her as child."

"Matthias, does this mean you are not her biological father?" He looks to me and I nod, giving the okay. "No. I am her adoptive father. She was given to my wife and I when she was a child."

"Did you know what she was?" Oh no. They're trying to see if he was in on it!

I jump in. "No. He didn't know. He just knew I was different, but not how." I am not going to let them pull Matthias into this. He has done so well in his position. He deserves to keep it.