45 - Fights and Silver Eyes

Just find a way
Just step up and say
What you've been thinking
Don't be afraid
'Cause let them know
Let them bleed
Let them all fall down in debris. - Redemption - April Divin
e

Davyna's POV

Time is flying by while I'm here. I only have today and tomorrow before I head back to the Hollow. I've definitely made a name for myself now that I put Renee in her place. She's recovered from the beating I gave her, and has done a complete 180. She approached me yesterday and profusely apologized to myself and Caleb for her actions.

So I guess that is one problem solved and I am dreading the next one to tackle, which is telling Caleb that Asher was here with a warning.

I sigh loudly as I'm stretching out front of the house with Caleb. It's a bit chillier today, so I've decided to wear a pair of fitted grey sweats and a loose t-shirt. It's one of my favourites, teal in colour and off the shoulder. We've just gotten back from a good run, and as much as I don't want to ruin this mood, or the day, I have to tell him.

"You alright?" Caleb asks before taking a sip of his water. "You seemed distracted while we were out today."

Here goes nothing.

"I was. I have to tell you something." He looks at me with a concerned face, and I can't tell how this is going to go at all. "Okay, spill. What is it?" His blue eyes trained on me, completely serious.

"Asher was here the other night, when you were gone for meetings."

"What in the actual fuck? Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I shrink back at the sharpness of his words. " I wasn't sure how to bring it up. It was so sudden. He surprised me and..."

Caleb cuts me off. "What did he say. Tell me. Now."

I try to swallow the lump forming in my throat as I reply. "He came with a warning."

"And?" He continues to stare at me sternly.

"He told me not to come back to the Hollow... that I'd pretty much regret it if I did. But there's more. He knows what I am."

"Excuse me? Did you tell him?" I shake my head fiercely. "No! I wouldn't! When he confronted me, I stood my ground and threatened him to leave. That's when he told me to be cautious, since I hadn't fully awakened, and blow the fact that I have a vampire side when I am at a packlands for werewolves."

Caleb doesn't reply, and instead storms past me into the house. I follow him all the way up to the bedroom, scrambling to keep up. He grabs his phone once inside and places it to his ear as he calls someone. "Caleb, I'm sorry. I know I should have told you the moment he was here. I fucked up." He holds his hand up and I clamp my mouth shut, cutting off my own next sentence. Not going to anger him further.

"Vincent." He says and I look away. Great. Now they're both going to be furious. I hear my own phone ring and I go and pick it up, walking out into the hallway so I don't interrupt Caleb's call with Vincent.

"Hello?"

"Davyna!! How is everything?" It's Marcella. "Everything is good, what's up?" I reply, making my voice cheery as to not give away anything about the current state of affairs.

"Good to hear! I'm calling because I was wondering if you had time to work on a routine for the ball happening next week? I've gotten everything else planned out, I just need help on the last routine. I'm beat, and have no idea what to do."

"Yeah, I can work on it. Send me the song.. and I'm sorry I left you to do most of this on your own."

"That's okay! You and the boys needed this time together. Just help me with the last routine and we're good! I'll teach you the rest when you get back." I clear my throat. "You got it."