17 - Feelings and Throw Pillows

Love and pain go hand in hand. Oh, say what they want, I'm still thinking it's worth it. Oh, little bit drunk, tell my heart you won't hurt it. - Lies In The Dark - Tove Lo

Davyna's POV

Holy. Fuck.

Caleb and I have returned to the group now from our small chat upstairs, and I'm just trying to process what just happened as the rest continue on talking and drinking. Our conversation was actually nice, and learning Caleb is a werewolf was interesting to say the least. But when Caleb got close to me, teasing me, its like my whole body just shut down to his presence. Aside from my racing heart that is. I don't know what to take from this. Am I attracted to him? I can't understand why I would be at all. I still feel this uncontrollable rage that's under the surface, but when I'm with Caleb, and even Vincent, it's easier to let go and just relax.

This is so damn weird, but it's killing me. I don't know what the hell is going on and its just more answers I don't have. I guess I'll have to take up Caleb's offer on asking questions. Maybe it can shed some light. I'm definitely only asking Marcella about this part though. I don't need to be admitting anything I may or may not feel for those two.....

I snap out of my inner monologue to see everyone staring at me. "Did I miss something?" Vincent clears his throat, "We were thinking of heading out. It's getting late. Are you okay with that?"

I nod, "Yeah. I'm actually feeling pretty beat. What about you Sa... Sage?" I look at her and she's passed out cold in the booth leaning on Marcella. I can't hold it in. I burst out laughing. Caleb and Vincent snicker slightly at my outburst.

"When did she fall asleep?" I say through my bouts of laughter. Marcella chuckles, "About 20 or so minutes ago. We should get her back. I'll carry her if you, Vincent and Caleb want to call the car."

"Sure." Caleb says as he pulls out his phone while him and Vincent get up. I follow behind them still snickering, and then Marcella follows behind me with Sage over her shoulder. God I should take a picture. Wait, I will. I turn around and snap a quick one while grinning widely at Marcella.

We all get outside and wait for the car. "We might as all go back together." Marcella states and we all agree. Once the car arrives, we pile in. Marcella puts Sage down first and then sits beside her, followed by me, and then Caleb and Vincent sit across from us.

The ride is pretty silent, so I decide to steal glances at both Vincent and Caleb every once in a while. Caleb is texting on his phone, and Vincent is looking out the window, his blond hair coming ever so slightly out of his hair tie and he seems lost deep in thought. He catches my glance and smiles at me slightly. My heart skips a beat, but I manage to smile back a little. I then see Caleb smile out of the corner of my eye having looked up from what he was doing.

Why do I feel like this around them both? It's like I just want to place myself right in between them and just look at them all day long. Totally not my normal means of behaviour. Do they both like me? Aren't they best friends? That doesn't seem like a good start to any relationship. Wait...Now I'm talking about relationships?

Davyna, no. I mentally facepalm and focus on looking out the window on my side to distract myself. There's no way they'd ever be in a relationship with me.

The car pulls in moments later and we all get into the elevator and Marcella carries Sage who is still out cold. Once on our floor, I walk to and open my door and they all enter.

"She's sleeping in my room, Marcella. You can just put her on the bed."

"Sure thing." Then she disappears into my room and comes back out a few moments later.