54 - Strikes, Snarls and Growls

As the time and space are moving
Another gate is closing
Here I feel safe
And I don't want to go back to my world

Cybersleep feels so real
Memory cut to shape
Miracles live inside the dream
But when I close my eyes and everything feels good
It won't be long until illusions will come true. - Cybersleep - Lacuna Coil

Davyna's POV

I huff and puff as I try to catch my breath. It's been a week now since I've been here, and I've finished my physical training, but now Diaz has me working on switching between my vampire, hybrid, and werewolf states without needing to pause, and it's exhausting. I've been at it for what feels like ages, and my frustration has been getting the best of me.

I can't say I'm disappointed, though. I feel stronger, I look stronger. I've built more muscle then I thought I ever could. I'm a lean, toned machine. Diaz says I am lethal, and he's not mistaken. I've taken down every challenge he has thrown at me physically. Between hand-to-hand and even with weapons, I am unbeaten with the other warriors.

Many injuries and broken weapons are proof.

These switches are becoming a pain in my ass though. My hybrid state is proving to be the most difficult. It's an insane amount of raw power and there has been moments where I have almost lost it completely. I've held on, but it scares me that I'm still close to losing it, even with all the hard work I have been putting in.

I keep Vincent and Caleb in my mind, using them as my motivation.

"Focus on what makes each of your states different.. that will help you change faster. You only should have to think about it for a split second and once you make the decision, it will happen quickly." Diaz states and it's hard not to roll my eyes. You're not built like me, buddy!

I sigh.

I think about what makes my vampire side different, and then I realize. It's the same differences that Vincent and Caleb have. Why didn't I come to this conclusion before?

Vampire: Sleek, sophisticated, calculated silent predator.

Werewolf: Loud, brash, brute strength, power with a primal nature.

It's what I have always noticed between them. How they are complete opposites, but work well together. I have to apply that to myself, and then the hybrid side is a mix of both. Understandably why it's harder for me to control.

Okay, I can do this.

I lock eyes with Diaz and I see his expression change and he smirks. "Ready?" I nod.

"Vampire."

Silent predator. I feel my eyes change and my fangs elongate, and I haven't broken eye contact.

"Good. Werewolf."

Primal nature. I hear Freya howl in my mind, and I partially shift, feeling my claws extend from my fingers.

"Hybrid."

Strong, unstoppable being. I crouch, still not breaking eye contact and feel that raw power course through me. My canines sharpen and a snarl rips from my throat. It's nothing like I have ever heard come from me before. It's deeper, resonating, and I see Diaz' eyes change to mirror mine.

He kneels. "There she is. Come at me, Davyna."

- - -

Caleb's POV

I startle awake from my nap on the couch as Sage barrels in.

"Davyna is fighting in the main yard! We can go see her!!" Vincent comes into view, and I pretty much leap off the couch and we all rush outside and to the grounds in front of the training center. I see a lineup of warriors, some I recognize from the time we've been here, some I don't. But sure enough as I look past them, I see Davyna, looking badass in her full warrior outfit. Tight maroon leather pants, black tank top, with a harness over her shoulders, chest and back, with what I can only assume would have an assortment of weapons placed within them. I only see a set of training sticks at the moment though.