43b - Freya

Nothing will stand in my way
As I embrace my destiny
No, your arrows will not bring me down
You're just a noise, a whisper in the night
My heart beats harder than the thunder (harder than the thunder)
From fire, I'm born
I am the storm

I've been there before
I felt the fear, I feared the cold
Imprisoned in lies
Illusions of flames, only in my mind

I opened my eyes
To a brand new world
A place where darkness
Is meant to show your inner light. - I Am the Storm - Ad Infinitum

Davyna's POV

"So tell me what happened when you awakened after Vincent marked you." Caleb says as his fingers trail down my arms as we snuggle in bed. We had showered again to clean up from our mating and changed into comfier clothes to snuggle in, preparing for when I might awaken.

"Vincent had fallen asleep, and there was shocks and waves of intense pain in my chest as first. Then it just radiated over my entire body. I ended up collapsing, and it was like something just snapped. Suddenly, the pain was gone and that was when Vincent approached me."

He kisses the top of my head. "How long after he marked you?"

"Maybe a few hours?" I answer, stretching slightly, feeling the soreness from our mating between my legs. Nothing terrible, but it makes blood rush to my cheeks as I recall what just happened between us. I reach up and touch Caleb's mark, now having fully healed just as fast as Vincent's had.

"I can't believe how fast that healed. Vincent told me, but now that I've seen it with my own eyes, I'm amazed." Caleb traces his own fingers over it before interlocking his hand with mine. "I'll stay up, you let me know if you start to feel anything okay?" I nod as I snuggle into him, yawning. I'm touched about how much he's worried and wanting to take care of me. I never would have imagined myself like this; content, happy and loved by not one, but two amazing men. My eyes get heavy and I decide to close them for a bit.

- - -

I stir and wake as I feel Caleb get up and go to into the bathroom. I sit up and stretch and decide to go grab some water downstairs. I walk down the hallway and head down the stairs, enjoying the feel of my bare feet on the wooden floor. I mosey into the kitchen, humming as I open the refrigerator and grab the large water jug that is inside. I place it on the counter, and after a few short minutes, finally find a glass. I place it down and start to fill it. I stand by the counter as I pick up my glass and take a few sips. It's cold and refreshing, and perfection to my dry throat.

I feel a little dizzy as I stand there. Maybe I got up too fast. I take another sip of my drink and all I hear next is the smashing of the glass on the floor as a large wave of immense pain hits me. Already? I grasp the counter to keep myself upright.

Caleb comes barreling down the stairs and sprinting into the kitchen as I hold my chest. I look up at him from my hunched position and I take deep breaths, trying to keep steadying myself using the counter. "Davyna, is it happening?" Caleb asks in a panicked tone. I nod. "I t..think..ssooo." I barely get it out as another wave hits me again, even more painful then the last. I cry out and Caleb leaps over the counter and picks me up. Avoiding the broken glass, he brings me outside and around to the back of the house, in a large clearing. The chilly air, cools my skin, but it hardly brings comfort.

"I've got you, baby. It's okay." He sits on the grass with me in his lap, and rubs my back and kisses the top of my head and rocks me slowly. "You're burning up, Davyna."

The rocking helps, but another wave hits me and I push off of him onto my knees. I grasp the grass, ripping out chunks as I work through the pain. I stay like that for what feels like forever, wave after wave weakening me to the point where I don't know if I can handle anymore. This is so much more painful then when Vincent awakened me. I yell out as I feel the familiar snap happen inside of me. The pain is gone, the only remnants of my ordeal being my heavy breathing.