34 - Preparing to Leave

Speak to me
I'm hanging on your words.
Give to me
The love that I deserve.
But still you're going to hold your tongue
And torture me by playing dumb.
Have you no idea what you've done
And what you're doing still.

Every word you say, kills me and steals my romance.

Every vacant stare that you throw at me steals my romance.

No more lies.
No more here nor there.
The time has come
To show me that you care.
But still you're going to turn in me.
And bring me down onto my knees.
Have you no idea just how to please me?
I just want to breathe. - Steal my Romance - Ghosts on the Radio

Davyna's POV

Back at my suite, I'm trying to sort through my current feelings. I can't help but feel nervous as I start to pack my bags to go to Avern. I'm getting actual time with both Caleb and Vincent, alone and uninterrupted. I sigh loudly as I grab my large suitcase and open it on my bed. I stare at it for a moment, thinking what I should pack for the week.

I start to pull out a few things from my closet when I hear a loud knock on my door, followed by a ping on my phone. I grab it from my nightstand and skim the message.

- It's Marcella, I'm at your door. Let me in! -

I toss my phone onto my bed and head out of my bedroom to my front door and open it. Marcella is standing there with armfuls of bags, looking like she just filmed a scene from Sex and the City.

"Uh, hi. What's all that?" I say with a confused tone as I point to the bags overflowing on her arms. She walks past me, bags crumpling and scraping the doorway as she passes. "These," She raises her arms, "are for you!" She walks all the way back to my bedroom and I follow her, flabbergasted of her answer.

"What do you mean they're for me?" I question her as she drops all the bags down on my floor in front of my closest. "I mean, they're for you. For your time away with the boys."

"How did you know?... Wait never mind. They must have mind-linked you." I pause. "Marcella you didn't have to do that, I have plenty of clothes to take from here." I say as I inspect a few of the bags. They're stuffed with new clothes and shoes. I stutter as I see the sheer amount that is here on my floor. "H..hhow much did you s..spend?"

"Don't worry about it, think of it as a gift from me for making Caleb and Vincent so happy and not bolting on them."

"I can't accept all of this, Marcella."

"Yes, you can, and you will. Come on, let's go through it and I'll help you pack." She says sternly as she pulls things out of the bags and lays them out around the floor.

I sigh loudly. I can't fight her on this one I guess. We pull everything out, one by one and then Marcella hands me the last large bag. "This one is the most important!"

I roll my eyes and then pull out the items from the bag and I gasp in embarrassment. I just pulled out 4 lingerie outfits, all lacy and skimpy. "Marcella! No!" I exclaim as I shove them all back in the bag as fast as I can, feeling my face go beet red.

"Oh come on, don't be such a prude! You know you want them like that. And.... it's the perfect time to get intimate with them. You'll be alone..." She trails off. I put my face in my hands. "Marcella, this...I'm so embarrassed. There's no way I'm going to be comfortable wearing those! You're just like Sage. This is something I'd expect her to do."

"You didn't even look at them, I didn't get them too skimpy. C'mon pull them out... and I may have called her and asked for some input."

"Of course." I avert my gaze as she pulls them out herself and lays them out. "Davyna, you can't expect to be a virgin forever, Caleb and Vincent love you, they want you, and they'll love you in anything you wear. This is just a little surprise and treat for them."