33 - Witchy Vials and Bleeding Palms

You said I was a piece of art
Wild, complex and dark
You called me a magical bouquet
With opium, poppy and wolfsbane

You said I looked like a painting

Mysterious and fascinating
You called me a magical bouquet
With hemlock and deadly nightshade

Thorn apple and lily of the valley

Quite unusual, quite uncanny
Thorny roses and Nerium
Such a beautiful delirium. - Beautiful Delirium - Blackbriar

Davyna's POV

I roll over in my bed the next morning, yawning loudly. I did not sleep well, knowing what is coming today. I don't know if I'm even ready to do this, but I don't have much of a choice. Honestly, I'm terrified of what the outcome will be. I sigh as I hear my bedroom door open. I shoot up in bed as Vincent walks in. I take a moment to admire him head to toe. He catches me gazing and I can't help but blush.

"Morning, love." He says, smiling as he walks over to me.

Him and Caleb crashed at my suite last night after Marcella's little get together, so that we could talk and prepare me for what I'm assuming is going to be a very intimidating day.

"Caleb's making breakfast, I came to ask if you were hungry." Vincent says as he sits on the side of the bed closest to me. I nod sheepishly as my stomach growls in response for me. Vincent smiles and reaches his hand out to grab mine. "You doing okay? It's okay to be nervous about today. I know I am." I clear my throat, and choose to be completely honest. "I'm terrified." I look up at Vincent wearily and he squeezes my hand. "It's okay, love. Both Caleb and I will be with you the whole time."

"I know, this just is going to change everything. Yet again." I sigh, feeling defeated. Will anything ever be normal? I'm brought out of my depressive mood as Caleb walks in with a tray of food for me.

"I could have come out to get it you know." I state as he places the tray in front of me. "I know, but I like making sure your needs are met, beautiful." He flashes me his wide grin and I can't help but smile back. "Thank you. I love you." I pick up my fork and start to eat as Vincent clears his throat, getting our attention.

"Let's go over what may or may not happen today. Just so we're all on the same page." I nod as I continue to eat. Caleb takes a seat on the other side of the bed. "Our appointment with the council is in a few hours, when you approach them Davyna, you need to address them properly, did your dad tell you how?" He asks me.

"I just address them by councilman/woman and the family name right?" I answer as I pick up my glass of orange juice and take a sip. "Correct, so for example, my family name is Valdun, Caleb's is King. Our parents would be addressed as Councilman and Councilwoman Valdun and King. Although once we reveal you as our mate, that will most likely change."

I nod in acknowledgement and continue to eat. Man I'm hungry today.

Vincent continues, "They will most likely question it, but the only way to prove it is through the ritual. We talked about that before. Hopefully that will be the only painful part of this."

"What if they don't accept it?" I ask. This is my biggest fear and worry since we decided to do this. Caleb answers me. "Same as what I told you yesterday. We will go ahead without permissions. They can't overrule a mate bond regardless of their status. It's fates working against them. I don't think they'll be too opposed, only because they know they will lose relationships with Vincent and I if they do. We do a lot of things for them."

"Since you both are their children, will they be lenient with you?"

"Hard to tell, we're approaching them as council members, not our parents initially. But it might have an effect." Vincent states as he grabs the tray from me as I've now finished my breakfast, and places it on a small table near my door.