38 - Pureblooded

To look up into the night's sky, to see the stars they are changed
To know a thousand years or more have passed, and I am the same
This mountain hollow that keeps me in a suffocating embrace
A prison and a safe haven, it's always been this way
Lo, a new master calls me to awakening, I know this one brings the end
Far out beyond the darkness I've been living in it's true, a whole new world awaits
Stellar constellations rise, lighting my way in the night

Once again revitalized, to roam; to never die. - Awakening - Unleash the Archers

Vincent's POV

To say that these first few days of Davyna being here have been interesting is a complete understatement. We're now on day four of her visit, and I never thought I'd be training her on honing her vampiric abilities, but here we are. She has picked up everything easily so far, it's almost as if she was never dormant to begin with. From what I've observed of her over the past day or so, is that she is an exceptional being.

It also seems that she is able to flip back and forth between her "human" and vampire side. I've been having her practice, only to see if she can flip without having to focus too much. I feel it would be safer for her if she can do it instantaneously in case she finds herself in a situation that she needs to defend herself. She's doing so well, considering this is a new experience for her. She seems to be more stable mentally with all that has happened, and I've definitely noticed her demeanor change slightly. She is still herself personality wise, but she's more sultry, sassy and has the clear vampiric pride that we all carry.

I love it. We've had sex a couple other times now since our mating, and it just gets better and better. Everything has changed with our connection becoming almost concrete through our bond. There's no questioning, just complete trust and an overwhelming amount of respect and love for each other. She still doubts herself, though. She's still working through her personal issues.

I'm watching her now, as we stand in the backyard. We've been working on her movement today. She is still relatively loud when she moves, obviously still trying to get used to how her body is in her vampiric state. The goal for today is for her to be able to sneak up on me and land a blow on me without me detecting her. She's come close, but not 100% successful. I've always managed to hear her right before she goes to strike.

I hear her sigh in frustration. "Ughhh, Vincent this is insane. We've been at this all day. How am I supposed to hit you without you knowing?" She says, her voice pulling me back to full attention. She's standing in front of me, barefoot in jean shorts - showing off those amazing toned legs of hers - and a loose t-shirt of mine. God. she looks good in my shirts. Her hair is braided down her back, to keep it out of her face while she trains, and all I want to do is pull it, arch her into me and....

Clearing my mind of my lusting thoughts, I try to reassure her. "You can do it, love. Just focus. Your body knows what to do, you just need to will it to do so."

"Easy enough for you to say." I see her roll her eyes and I leap in front of her as she goes to turn away from me, pulling her into me for a small kiss. "Do you need a break?" She nods. "Just for a few minutes. I'm finding it hard to focus." I cup her face, still absolutely in love with her vampire eyes. I can't get enough of them.

"Let's back off a bit for now then. I know we've worked on a lot so far. It will come." She walks past me and sits in the gazebo. I follow in her direction and sit beside her.

"What has you so distracted today? You seem really into your own head today." I ask her. "It's nothing, I promise." I shoot her a look and she sighs loudly. "Fine. I'm worried that I'm not going to live up to the expectations of me when it comes to this supernatural shit."