Chapter 28: Friends

Y/N HOSPITAL ROOM - Y/N POV

I open my eyes. I look around and, of course, I am in the hospital bed. Jimin is still not here. I must have fallen asleep while waiting for him to return. I look at the time and realize it is the next morning. I think maybe he came while I was asleep then left to get some rest. 

I pick up the hospital phone from the bed side table then dial his number. As I wait for him to pick up his phone, I hear his ring tone going off. I turn toward the sound, and there his phone is... on a table on the other side of this room! I am concerned because he takes his phone EVERYWHERE with him... even to the bathroom. 

***flashback to chapter five***

Yohan: "... WHAT HAPPENED JIMIN?" 

Jimin: "...While I was in the shower, the phone rang.... I decide I am going to answer it at that moment... I reach my arm out of the shower feeling for the phone. As I grab the phone, I lose my balance and fall out the shower onto the floor... Fortunately... I saved my phone... until I got up. It slipped out of my hand into the toilet. After all of that my phone died anyway..."

***end of flashback***

RETURN TO Y/N POV

I think back... the last time I remember him being here is... when the detectives came to question me. He must have left it by mistake when he stepped outside. Still... he would have come back and got his phone. I am starting to worry.

I press the call button for the nurse. Although I am only in a little pain, I am going to exaggerate it so I can have time to question if the nurse has seen Jimin. 

Nurse Lee: "Hi, I am Lee and I am your nurse today. Sweetheart, are you in any pain?" He asks with a concerned look on his face.

Y/N: "Yes." I nod my head. I try to sound as pitiful as possible to make it more believable. 

Nurse Lee: "Can you please rate your pain from 1-10." He asks while pulling out a syringe containing clear liquid.

Y/N: "Nine." I whisper to make myself sound worse. I also flash some puppy-dog-eyes for extra sympathy.

Nurse Lee: "OK hun, this will make you feel better." He says, then puts the medicine into my IV.

Y/N: "Nurse Lee, there was a man here with me. He is gone and I wondered what happened to him. Do you know who I am talking about?" I need to find out before the medicine kicks in and I am asleep.

Nurse Lee: "Yes. We all heard about what your husband did. Honey I am so sorry about what happened to you. The police arrested your husband, and he is in custody. He caused a big scene in the hallway." He pats me on my shoulder.

Y/N: "My husband?" I ask the nurse confused.

Nurse Lee: "Yes girly, he probably won't get out of jail for a long time." He states while patting me on the shoulder.

Y/N: "OK, but what about the guy that was here last ni-" I say as I drift off to sleep. The medicine finally kicking in. This was a dumb plan. I did not think this through.

Nurse Lee: "You poor thing. You seem so sweet. Why would anyone hurt such a lovely person? And cute... You deserve a good man. I would gladly take that role." He says with a smirk. He stares creepily and bites his lips as he places a few strands of hair behind my ear.