Chapter 5

Amber's POV :

It was 7:00 a.m. when my alarm rang. I swear it is the most irritating noise I have ever heard.

I groaned while banging it on the table in a stupid attempt to make it stop ringing. But as life has always been unfair with me, I had to open my eyes and click on the button to make it stop irritating me.

I sat on my bed and threw a pillow on the ground while rubbing my eyes. As usual I slept late at night as I was busy watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S. for the umpteenth time I guess.

"Get up sleepyhead", Nina said while she was drying her hair. I always wondered how could she always be so active and bubbly early in the morning.

Like duh, it's what 7:00? And she looks fresh as a daisy.

"Morning butterfly", I said while yawning. She looked at me while shaking her head probably thinking of how lazy I can be.

"Will you be attending the seminar today?", she asked me while trying her clothes on. "Which seminar?", I counter questioned her while brushing my teeth.

"Duh...the same one for which we had filled a form a week ago. The one where some famous personality, probably someone with the rags to riches story background will be coming for giving us some bullshit motivation that never really works. But on the bright side, we get pointers if we attend it so we agreed to waste our time there. Now do you remember?", she said while brushing her hair. "Wait...Is it Saturday today? Oh my god! We don't have lectures today after the seminar is done right? I can finally complete all my pending assignments from this week", I said excitedly while doing my happy dance.

"You have gone completely bollocks, maybe because of the deprivation of sleep. Who uses a free day for completing assignments? Join me for a party today at Harry's place. Will ya?", she said while looking at me as if I was a complete crackhead. "Umm...No Nina. I can't . I have a lot of impending work and due to working after college I hardly get time to get my assignments done", I said while looking at my fingers, probably embarrassed for turning her down again.

"I get it girl. I will be crashing at Urshita's place tonight. So you have the room to yourself", she said while hugging me. "Enjoy and don't drink too much", I said while resting my hands on my hips.

With that Nina left the room. I quickly took a bath and got dressed in a white cardigan under a black short dungaree.

I paired it with black stockings and ankle length shoes of the same colour. I brushed my hair revealing them in their natural wavy state and applied a bit of mascara on my eyes.

After being completely satisfied with my look, I left the dorm room and went straight to the café near my college to grab my morning black coffee without which my day doesn't begin. Suddenly I felt two arms sliding on my waist and this caused me to turn behind almost immediately.

"You scared me", I almost shouted realizing it was Ethan. "Were you expecting someone else baby girl?", he said while taking a sip of my coffee.

"Yuck! How can you drink this charcoal coloured bitter drink?", he said while gagging at my coffee. I smiled at how he always taunts me about my coffee but still takes a sip anyway.

"I love it Ethan. This is the only reason how I survive these torturous hours of college", I said while holding his hand and making our way out of the café. "Do you know who is going to come to college today for that dead ass speech most of which I will be sleeping through?", Ethan said while ruffling my hair.

"How does it even matter? I have my assignments pending. So I will be working on them anyways", I said while taking a sip of my coffee. "I mean what do these guys think anyway? Does hearing a motivational speech change something in us that we go from Mr. Lazy to Mr. Hardworking in a day? How lame seriously!", he said while groaning at his own words.