Chapter 23

Ryan’s POV:

In about twenty minutes, I was standing in front of the bar along with Samwell and Kyle. “So, what’s the plan?”, Kyle asked while scratching his eyebrow.

“Samwell will be ready with the car outside just in case someone recognizes either Khloe or me and we have to rush back home. Kyle, you go and get Khloe outside and try not to catch anyone’s attention”, I said, my eyes still focused on the door of the bar. “And what will you do?”, Kyle asked me while stuffing his hands in his pockets.

I looked at him intently with a sharp look on my face and said, “I will go and thank Amber and her friend, Ethan. It is because of them that we could reach to Khloe before someone else would have recognized her and created a big headline out of it.” Samwell and Kyle exchanged glances before Samwell spoke, “Ryan, I don’t think you should go inside the bar. You remember what happened the last time you went there. And it is especially not good for you to be seen with Amber. Let Kyle go inside and bring Khloe out and you can wait outside in the car with me. Let’s not take any risk today, not when Khloe is involved. You know how much a small action of yours could jeopardize her reputation.”

I knew Samwell was right. Hell, I also knew that my presence will not be good for Amber too.

I don’t want her name to be mudded when the news of Khloe’s and my divorce comes out. I looked at Kyle and he just shrugged at me with a smirk on his face.

I wanted to kill that bastard. What was he even trying to do here?

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Samwell patted my shoulder lightly. “Yes. You are right”, I said to Samwell while rubbing my neck.

“So, should I go now?”, Kyle asked while taking a step towards the bar. I just nodded at him and with that he left.

Amber’s POV:

As the clock ticked by, nervousness crept in my body. I was excited to see Ryan after the kiss we shared.

I wanted to just see what would his reaction be when he will see me again. I was looking at the door again and again while serving the drinks to the awaiting customers.

“You will see him when he comes inside. He is no superman to take that sack from here without getting under your attention”, Ethan said while punching me on the arm. “Very funny but I am not waiting for him. I was looking at the clock on that wall because I am really tired and I just can’t wait to get back home”, I said while putting on my most confident face so that Ethan believes me.

He just gave me a knowing shrug and I knew that he didn’t believe even one bit of what I said. “Okay. If you say so, I believe you”, he said while grinning from ear to ear.

I was about to come up with some witty reply when my eyes focused on the door and I saw Kyle entering the bar. He looked around until his eyes fell on me and a smile appeared on his face.

I made my way out of the counter while Ethan trailed behind me. “Who are you?”, Ethan said while observing Kyle from head to toe.

“Nice to meet you too”, Kyle said while smirking at Ethan which caused a small smile on Ethan’s face. “Ethan, this is Kyle, Ryan’s personal bodyguard and Kyle, this is Ethan, my best friend”, I said in an attempt to introduce them to each other.

Kyle extended his hand forward which Ethan accepted graciously. I looked at Ethan and I could practically see hearts in his eyes.

“Umm…do you plan on leaving my hand?”, Kyle asked Ethan while raising an eyebrow. Ethan just blushed at his question and left his hand immediately while taking a step back.