Chapter 35

Ryan’s POV:

“Ask Shaun to get my chopper ready. I need to be there with her right now. God, she must be broken”, I said Kyle hastily while taking big steps towards my car. Kyle followed me while asking, “Anything else? Do you want us to stop by your mansion first so that you can pack an overnight bag or something before going to your office for the take-off?”

I sat back in the passenger seat and as soon as Kyle was inside, I answered, “I don’t want to waste any more time staying in New York when I know she is back there in Buffalo and might need me. I will buy clothes or anything that I require once I am in Buffalo, with her.” Samwell looked at Kyle and me in doubt but I just sat there, not wanting to repeat the details of what the security guard had just told us.

Kyle explained everything to him and his reaction after hearing everything showcased something between being helpless and sadness for what I supposed was for Amber. As soon as I reached the helipad on my office building, I met Shaun, my pilot who was going to fly me to Buffalo.

“Hello, Mr. Parker”, Shaun greeted me before sticking a hand forward. I shook his hand before replying, “Hello, Shaun. Kyle has given you the details of our sudden meeting, right?”

He opened the door of the helicopter for me before saying, “Yes, he did. Buffalo, right? We never flew there before for business. Signing a new deal, huh?” I took my seat in the helicopter before waiting for Shaun and once we were both seated and strapped for security I replied, “I am not going there for business. Personal reasons this time.”

Shaun nodded at me before saying, “We will be there in an hour. So, are you ready?” I checked the security belts wrapped around me once before saying, “Let’s do this.”

As Shaun promised, we landed in Buffalo after an hour we left from New York. I had no idea where Amber would be and I wouldn’t be able to reach her if I didn’t somehow come to know of the funeral venue.

I took my phone which was lying on the bed of my hotel room where I had currently checked in and dialled her number. The phone rang and rang before it sent me straight to voicemail.

I thought of calling Ethan but as soon as I checked my contact list I remembered that I didn’t have his number. Panic was taking over me when I realized that there was a huge possibility that I might not reach to her before the funeral.

I then called Kyle and asked him to check all the churches in Buffalo that had a funeral ceremony going on today. I knew it was hard work but fuck it, I was too desperate to avoid calling a few churches by myself if I had to.

Finally after about some fifty calls from Kyle to all the churches in Buffalo we came to know that her dad’s funeral ceremony was being held at St.Paul’s. And I then found out that I was just a few minutes away from the church.

I wore the black blazer that I had asked the hotel manager to get for me and after getting dressed I left for the church.

Amber’s POV:

I was on the stage delivering the eulogy for my father with tears in my eyes when my eyes fell on someone who looked like Ryan. I knew that I had to be dreaming after I myself told him to leave me alone.

I blinked once and then again and it still seemed like Ryan. Until I actually realized that it was actually Ryan, here in Buffalo at my father’s funeral.

His hands were folded in his lap and he was sitting on one of the back benches in the church. When our eyes met, he passed me a small smile and I just held his eye contact for a while before getting back to my speech.