Chapter 22

Amber’s POV:

“You will come with me to my place tonight”, Ethan ordered as we walked inside the bar with his hand clinging on my shoulder. I looked at him and rolled my eyes before saying, “I am fine, Ethan and I have been with you the entire day today. I have to get back to my dorm room so that I can get done with some pending work.”

He rested his bag on the kitchen platform and turned around to look at me, his hands still resting behind him on the platform, “And what pending work do you have?” I looked around nervously while thinking of some sensible reason so that he believes me and said confidently before shoving my hands in my jean pockets, “Umm…Laundry. And I have to arrange my closet. You know how OCD Nina is when it comes to cleanliness. She keeps complaining that my clothes are all over the room and she even threatened to dump them in the bin if I don’t arrange them up.”

I laughed a little only to find out that it wasn’t even funny. Before Ethan could say anything, the manager came inside and asked Ethan while glaring at both of us, “What are you’ll doing here? Get your asses out there. The crowd is thick and Elijah won’t be able to handle everything alone.”

I nodded at Mr. Harris and after taking my apron from the hook, I made my way outside. I looked back just to see Ethan scowling at me.

The next few hours went fast because just as Mr. Harris had mentioned, the crowd was actually dense today. Ethan, Elijah and I chatted along while serving drinks to the customers.

We danced behind the bar counter and laughed looking at how stupid we looked. Just then, my eyes settled on a lady who was sitting in the booth across from the counter.

She looked too drunk and she was looking towards where I was standing. She was holding a glass of vodka in her hand and I couldn’t exactly see where her eyes were focused as they were hidden behind goggles.

She was wearing a scarf that was covering her head and her neck. I looked at her once before focusing back on my work.

Another twenty minutes passed by and when I looked at her again, I found her still looking towards me. I hadn’t seen her get a drink since I came here so it was certain that neither Ethan nor I made her a drink.

So it would have definitely been Elijah. I made my way towards him and poked him on the shoulder while he was busy flirting with a girl.

He looked at me and excused himself from her. “Do you know that lady, there?”, I asked him while nudging my head in her direction.

He looked at her and looked quite surprised, “She is still here?” I looked at him and raised an eyebrow at his words.

“She came almost an hour before you guys reached here. She was loaded even before she asked me for  a drink. She asked me for a tequila shot first and then she took an entire bottle of vodka with her to that table. I was about to say something to her but she handed me her card and I took that as a cue to just get my work done and leave her alone”, he said while rubbing the bridge of his nose. I looked at her again and she looked vaguely familiar to me.

I thought to ignore her and get back to what I am meant to do. Another hour passed and she was still sitting there but now she was resting her head on the table.

I had lost all my patience by then. According to the information that Elijah gave me, it had been almost three hours since she came here.

I just thought of checking out once if she was fine and if she needed any help to get back home. It was normal for us at the bar to hire taxi’s for people who were too drunk to even stand and help them reach home safely.