Chapter 21

Ryan’s POV:

As soon as I reached home yesterday, I saw Celine pacing in the living room while talking on her phone. I walked towards her and as soon as she saw me, she hung up the call and came walking towards me with a worried look on her face.

“Where is Khloe?”, I asked her while pressing my temples. “She is in the room, Mr. Parker. She hasn’t eaten anything, not even her bowl of fruits which she doesn’t miss for the world. She even tried calling you but your phone was switched off”, she told me with a disappointed look on her face.

I nodded at Kyle once before making my way to my room. As soon as I opened the room, I couldn’t believe the sight in front of me.

The vase was broken into pieces and was lying on the floor. The TV was cracked open as if she had thrown something at it.

The curtain railings were down on the floor and I could see pieces of glass on the floor. I made my way towards the bed carefully where she was sleeping and shook her to wake her up.

As soon as she saw me, she got up almost in a panic and hugged me tightly while crying again. “Why the hell were you ignoring me? I called you a hundred times but your phone was switched off. Where the fuck have you been?”, she said while looking at me in the eyes.

I parted from her and said, “Oh stop this drama, Khloe. Were you really that naïve to think that I would fall for this?” She wiped her tears before getting up and said angrily, “What do you want me to do so that we can terminate this divorce?”

I laughed at her words and said, “See, I like it when you save yourself from the drama. This is what you wanted all along. Give me a legitimate reason as to why should I do that?” She flicked her curls backward and said while rolling her eyes at me, “Because we love each other. Isn’t that a reason to give us a second chance.”

“Don’t be stupid, Khloe. You already proved me a million times that you don’t love me anymore and I am not wasting even a second more trying to save a relationship that is already as wrecked as it could get. So you know what? Save your energy and just be ready for signing the divorce papers”, I said while getting up and moving towards the door to make my way out. She then said loudly causing me to turn back, “I will be appointing a lawyer then.”

I turned around to look at her while pushing my hands in my pockets and said, “You won’t really need a lawyer. Everything was already agreed to in the prenup that both of us had signed before the marriage. I am willing to give you everything that was mentioned in there. Still you can get one if it keeps you at peace. Sleep tight, Khloe.” I made my way upstairs to the guest room and changed into my sweatpants and a hoodie.

I laid on the bed trying to get some sleep before I start a new day but all I could think of was her, Amber. How she had smiled after I bit her lip!

I could see her face when I saw her sleeping peacefully on my bed. Was I starting to feel something for her?

You are stupid enough to accept it just now, my brain muttered. I rolled on my bed and hugged my pillow while a smile crept on my face.

Right now, I am in the middle of a meeting drinking my 5th cup of black coffee since morning to keep myself from drowsing off. I didn’t sleep last night due to the thoughts that kept surfacing in front of my eyes.

At 5 in the morning, I finally gave up on even trying to get some sleep and went for a run. I then came back home for taking a quick bath and later went to my office.

I was waiting for Samwell as I wanted to know if she said anything about me. As soon as I left the meeting room, Lara came running towards me and told me that Samwell wanted to see me.