Chapter 11

Ryan’s POV:

As soon as we reached the building to Ethan’s place, I looked around to see if I had taken the right decision. I really didn’t want the paparazzi to make headlines like ‘The couple went straightaway to their friend’s house to have a fun night’ or ‘Ryan is no longer interested in Khloe and was seen with a bartender entering her place’.

I know it is my paranoia speaking but it had started to take a toll on me and the irony is that I was dumb enough to feed it. Amber had a separate key to Ethan’s house and as soon as she opened the door, we were faced by an almost naked Ethan who was grooving his hips on some rock music.

Amber covered her eyes before moving towards the music player and in the next moment, the house was unbelievably quiet except the lyrics that made their way out through Ethan’s mouth. The silence in the room made Ethan to step out from ‘I don’t know where’ state and as soon as he saw me, the spatula in his hand made his way on the floor.

“Geez Ethan! Get your clothes on. How many times do I need to make you remember that you need to behave in front of me”, Amber said while throwing his clothes at him. But his eyes still didn’t budge from me.

And the next thing that happened was the most embarrassing thing to ever happen to me. I could see the bulge erecting in his under pants and I swear I was nervous by then.

Thanks to Amber because she literally pushed him into his bedroom to wear some fucking clothes on. “I am so sorry. I seriously didn’t know that he would be in this state otherwise I would have called him first hand before bringing you here”, Amber said while she turned into a freaking robot and started arranging the few things that laid on the sofa to their proper places.

“It’s fine”, I said meekly but oh boy! It wasn’t fine at all. I looked around the apartment to see that it was quite big for a single person to live in and unlike for a boy, it was actually neat.

But I don’t know if this cleanliness trait was something imbibed in gays or Ethan was different. “Will you like something to drink?”, she asked me while standing in front of me with her hands on her hips.

“Water will do just fine”, I said before sitting on the couch. Just then Ethan came out of the room and without even looking at me, he held Amber by her hand and took her inside the room.

I could hear him squealing even from the living room. I took this moment to take a short tour of their house.

I went inside the kitchen just to be met with the delicious aroma of the turkey being cooked. I could see the mashed potatos completely ready and stored in a bowl and next laid the tray of pumpkin and cheese bread which was waiting to be kept in the oven.

I assumed that Ethan did all of this as Amber was out with me since we left the bar. I then made my way towards the balcony and the cold November breeze welcomed me.

I could see the small children running around in the garden with big smiles on their face. I was looking at the sky noticing the stars that were clearly visible when I felt a small tap on my shoulder.

The fragile touch proved that it was Amber. I turned around to look at her and my eyes probably jumped out from their sockets when I saw here standing in front of me completely rocking the black midi dress that she was wearing.

She was still fixing her earring when she said to me, “Dinner’s ready. Come on.” I followed her into the living room like a puppy, my eyes drilling holes in her back.

As soon as I reached the dining table, the food was already laid on the table and soft music was playing in the background. Amber rushed to Ethan and engulfed him in a hug while greeting him and also thanking him for the delicious looking food.