Chapter 19

Amber’s POV:

When Ryan left the dining table to go upstairs to his room, I just sat there confused while munching on the leftover roasted chicken in my plate. Kyle and Samwell ate in silence for a few moments before Kyle wiped his mouth with the napkin next to him and got up from his chair.

“I am also done with dinner. By the way, everything was tasty, kitten”, he said while winking at me. I murmured a thank you to him before looking at Ryan’s plate which was almost full with just a few bites taken.

Samwell just shook his head at Kyle when he passed a smirk to him and I just kept looking at the both of them trying to figure out the unspoken conversation between them. After dinner, Samwell helped me to get the plates in the dishwasher and also insisted that I let him do the dishes tonight.

I took this as an opportunity to talk to Ryan as to why was he sulking without any reason or maybe there was a reason that I was unaware of. I filled a plate with two tortillas for him and took a bowl of chocolate ice cream for me before making my way upstairs to his room.

I knocked on his door twice before pushing the door with my elbow and making my way inside. He was sitting near the window on his chair while his eyes were focused on the scenery in front of him.

I then noticed how beautiful he looked. He was wearing a black sleeve t-shirt which fitted him perfectly.

His hard chest was a difficult sight to miss even when it was covered. He had the arms of a builder and let’s just not talk about the veins in his arms.

Oh yes! I am practically swooning at the view of this man in front of me. He was tapping his foot impatiently on the ground as if he was deep in thought.

“Go away, Amber”, he said to me while bringing me out of my thoughts. “I am here to talk to you and I am not going away before you tell me what is wrong with you”, I said to him while resting the tray on the bedside table and sitting on the edge of the bed.

“What should I tell you? I don’t want to be a cry baby who keeps boring people about how messed up his life his”, he said while taking a hold of the beer bottle that was previously resting on the window sill. “See there it is. Why don’t you tell me whatever it is and save me the time where I convince you for doing the same. And also start eating these tortillas that you made. They are literally too good to not be eaten”, I said while handing him the plate and taking the beer bottle from his hand and keeping it on the table.

“I don’t want to talk about it. Can you please leave me alone for some time?”, he told me with a stern look on his face. Ouch! That hurt me.

But why exactly? Who am I for him to trust me with his personal problems?

For all I know I am being a pain in his ass for whom he even had to miss an office day. I looked at him with a disappointed look on my face before taking the bowl in my hand and getting up from the bed.

“Wait, Amber. I am sorry. I shouldn’t have talked to you like that. You don’t deserve this hostility when you have been nothing but kind to me”, he said while getting up from his chair and holding my hand with his empty one. “It’s fine. I am sorry. I shouldn’t have tried to invade in your personal life”, I said while smiling at him.

He took the bowl from my hand and along with his plate, he kept them back in the tray. He pulled me closer to him and I could feel myself losing against him.

What is it about this man that gets me straight into wonderland as soon as he touches me? His right hand was resting around my neck while his other hand was around my waist, ensuring minimum distance between us.