Chapter 17

Ryan’s POV:

I was standing near the window facing the creek while talking to Lara on the phone. I had to cancel all my meetings for the day as I knew there was no chance in hell that I would be returning back to town any time before dinner.

I was scratching the little stubble that had grown on my chin while hearing Lara tell me how she will have to cancel one of the client meetings that took her a month to get an appointment with in the very first place. Just then my eyes trailed towards the stairwell when I saw Amber making her way down, wearing my white shirt which was so big for her that it reached her thighs.

She was drying her hair with a towel while carefully stepping down the stairs. Her neck was still glistening with water and I couldn’t help but gulp the little saliva that had formed in my mouth on the mere thought of how I wanted to lay my lips there and taste every inch of her fucking body.

The shirt was sticking to her body at all the right places and oh god! Punish me for wanting to roam my hands on every curve of her, that was so beautifully shaped as if she was a piece of art made by the greatest artist to ever exist. She made her way towards me while passing me a small smile and looked down at the ground, probably checking her own self.

I could see that she was embarrassed thinking that she looked like a small girl who was trying to fit in the clothes of a man who was twice her size. But only if she could see herself from my eyes, she would have realized how pretty she looked even in a simple cotton shirt and a pair of sweatpants, both of which were not even her size. 

I couldn’t concentrate any more on whatever it was that Lara was talking about and so I just kept the call without even replying to her. Everything could wait, I consoled myself.

This person right here, in front of me, deserved my attention. “You look good”, I said while scratching my eyebrow.

I immediately realized that this is not the best way to compliment someone especially when they are so unsure of their own appearance. Good? Like seriously Ryan! You can do better. Try again!

“My clothes look good on you”, I somehow managed to get the words out of my mouth just when I saw a bead of water making its way down her neck and straight into the depth of her cleavage. I wanted to punch myself then.

Three slow claps for me for being such a dork that I can’t even compliment someone without embarrassing myself first. What was I even trying to say?

Stop giving her hints and scaring her away by the stupid fact that you are falling for her, my mind screamed at me. I was about to say something else to try to wipe my mess away before she said while fidgeting with the sleeve of her shirt, my shirt actually which looked better on her, “Stop lying, Ryan. I probably look like a joker in this.”

I wanted to tell her how amazing she looked but I was interrupted when Kyle came towards us with a phone in his hand. Amber’s phone, it was.

He looked at her from head to toe and I could see that he was trying so hard not to burst into a pool of laughter before he handed Amber the phone and stood there for a minute. Amber glared at him before taking the phone and made her way towards the far end of the room.

“Who was it?”, I asked Kyle, while trying not to sound like some guy who was acting possessive of her. “Some guy named Ethan”, he said while biting the apple in his hand.

I nodded at him and went towards the couch where Samwell was sitting and took a seat next to him. “When are we returning back home?”, he asked me.

I looked at the T.V. in front of me which was switched to some news channel while answering, “I’ll ask Amber when is she ready to return back home. I have already cancelled all my meetings for the day so I have nothing else to do today. If she is fine with it, we can leave after dinner.” Samwell and Kyle just nodded at me before all three of us focused back on the T.V.