Chapter 34

Ryan’s POV:

I sat on the couch with a thump when I realized what I was planning to do and what I would have done if it wasn’t for Kyle to put some brains in me. I wanted to run through that door and go to Amber and tell her that it was her that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

I wanted to kiss her with everything that I had and show her how deeply I felt for her. I looked at Kyle with a big smile on my face and he grinned from ear to ear before patting my back and told me, “It won’t be simple to convince her after everything that happened but don’t return without giving your best. I am sure things will be fine and we are going to celebrate for this union soon. Do you want me to tag along?”

I gulped the entire glass of water in my hand before replying, “I hope that things go well. Now, when I have the picture of me spending the rest of my life with her by my side, I just can’t let it go. I will have to convince her anyhow, call me selfish but I want her. And for the latter question, yes, I need both you and Samwell with me today. Get ready because we are leaving right now.” Kyle did a little happy dance which caused me to laugh aloud.

We were about to make our way out the house when I saw a lady dressed in a maroon blazer with a suitcase in her hand standing at the door. Her hair were pulled back in a ponytail and she looked professional with the way she was carrying herself.

Her black stilettos clanked loudly on the floor as she made her way inside the house. She stuck her hand out to me before saying, “Hello, Mr. Parker. I am here with the divorce papers that you asked for.”

I returned her gesture before saying, “Have a seat, please. Where do I need to sign?” She looked at me with amusement in her eyes before she said mockingly, a hint of a smile on her face, “It seems that you were just waiting for my arrival.”

“I sure was. I want to get done with this as soon as possible”, I replied to her while taking the papers that she held out for me. I knew for a fact that Lewis’s work didn’t need to be cross-checked but I couldn’t help myself reviewing it once.

I had learned it the hard way that you should always check legal papers before you sign on them or else it could get you involved in some deep shit. “Can I get you anything, Miss…?”, Kyle said trailing the last word while raising an eyebrow at her.

“Tessa. And no thanks, I am fine”, she replied while maintaining eye contact with Kyle. I looked at him and smirked before saying, “Alright, everything seems perfect. Where do I sign?”

Tessa leaned forward on the couch before pointing with her painted nails, “Just under this line. And I will need three more on the next page where I have crossed with a pencil.” I nodded at her before signing at the mentioned places.

Kyle went towards Tessa and sat on the hand rest of the couch she was sitting on which earned him a glare from her. “Would you like to go for a coffee some day?”, Kyle said while smiling at her.

Tessa turned a little to get a complete look at him and asked, “Are you asking me for a date?” The small smile on Kyle’s face turned into a lopsided grin before he said, “Is it fine with you if it’s a date?”

A genuine smile crept on Tessa’s face before she said, “Tuesday, 8:00 a.m. for coffee at The Big Mug. Don’t be late.” Kyle and I looked at her in surprise before Kyle blurted out, “Whoah! Are you serious? A date at 8:00 in the morning?”

Tessa folded her hands across her chest before saying, “I have to reach my office by 9:00 in the morning. So that is the only time I have to entertain you.” Kyle looked at me as if asking me to help him but I was enjoying this way too much to help him out of his misery.