Chapter 9

Amber’s POV:

“That was insane”, I said while I strapped the safety belt securely around my front. “I know it, honestly. Why can’t they just leave me alone for once? I am so sure the headlines for tomorrow’s tabloids will be littered with my name on them but I just hope they don’t dig for any of your information”, Ryan said while focusing on the steering wheel in his hand.

“Seriously? Why would they look for my information? I am not a super rich someone who is running a company worth millions. And are you in any serious trouble?”, I asked innocently while looking at my hands that were situated in my lap. He looked at me quickly just to make sure that I was fine before continuing, “I would be if the paparazzi would somehow manage to reach there before we left. I should have brought my bodyguard along today, it seems like a good idea now when I think about it. But I seriously thought that these people won't recognise me as I have been coming to the bar from such a long time without coming into anyone's notice but they did recognize me today. And to answer your first question, yes they will dig information about you because according to them you are a certain nobody who caught the attention of the richest guy in town, and sorry to break it this way, but this makes some very interesting news for them that can earn them a decent amount of money.”

I sighed softly before looking out of the window, over thinking about the events of today before turning to look at him again, “I am sorry, Ryan. I shouldn’t have asked you to sing along. It was already a great risk that you took to come at the bar on Thanksgiving. I am seriously sorry. And as far as they intervening in my personal life is concerned, I think I can manage it. I have had a clean past apart from two relationships that didn’t last long.” Ryan laughed at my words before reaching for my hand and holding it in his while stroking his thumb gently on the curves of my fingers.

“Hey! None of this is your fault. I had a real nice time after such a long time where I could just enjoy myself without giving a damn about the world. And it was all because you asked me to come at the bar”, he said while taking a quick look at me. His words sent a tingle across my spine.

It was as if my body has a separate system of sensing his touch and giving me goosebumps just to make me realize how special he made me feel. Before I could even react, I heard a muffled ring coming from the car.

I looked at Ryan’s phone but it was laying in the empty compartment and there was no sign of it ringing. I looked at Ryan and when he signalled towards my purse, I quickly opened it removing the source of the noise.

I secretly wanted to slap myself for being so engrossed in him that I could no longer recognise my own ring tone. “It’s Ethan”, I said him before answering the call.

“Hey Ethan. How’s everything at the bar?”, I asked him anxiously while holding my lower lip between my teeth. I could see from the corner of my eye that Ryan was looking at me and it just made me a bit nervous knowing that I was under his stare.

Ethan told me that hell broke loose after the news spread that Ryan Parker was in the bar. Even the paparazzi were informed about his arrival and soon after we left, they reached there to take pictures of the bar that had allegedly attracted a millionaire to spend his Thanksgiving at.

My blood boiled when I heard that it was the manager who was trying to do free publicity of the bar by calling the paparazzi and boasting about how Ryan visits the bar on a regular basis. I thanked Ethan before hanging on the call and transporting all the newly received information to Ryan.

“Fuck! The manager is seriously a piece of shit to do this for his own benefit. If only he had asked me for the money required for the publicity of his bar, I would have happily shoved a nice stack of cash right up his ass”, he muttered while rubbing his forehead. I laughed at his words while I imagined Ryan throwing a stack of cash at his face and walking out of the bar with a hero look on his face just like the actors in films do.