Chapter 31

Amber’s POV:

“Can you ask Paul to come and pick us here? I don’t think that Ryan will be able to walk back till the restaurant”, I said to Ethan while caressing Ryan’s hair. Ethan looked at me as if I had grown two heads before asking me, “Are you serious? Let’s call someone from his family and ask them to pick him up. Why the hell will we take him home with us? You have Kyle’s number right? Call him and tell him to pick Ryan.”

“Ethan, I am taking him home with us. It’s not within my power to know that something is wrong with him and still leave him alone. I want to know what went so wrong that he drank till his system gave up and let’s not forget that he was crying too. Something is definitely wrong for him to behave like this”, I said while looking at Ethan with a serious demeanor. Ethan shook his head at me before saying, “Amber, what’s wrong with you? Whether he drank his ass off or was crying before he got unconscious is none of our problem. He has a wife to handle him. It is not your job to look after him. Don’t you dare forget that he is the same guy who kissed you and didn’t even have the balls to come and talk to you about it. Are you sure you still want to be an angel to him when all he deserves on your end is a fucking bitch?”

A tear slipped down my eye after listening to Ethan but I wiped it immediately and said, “I am sure, Ethan. Whatever he did doesn’t matter because that doesn’t change the fact that I love him. I know he isn’t mine to take care of and that I have no right of claiming my love for him whatsoever but I can’t leave him alone until I know that he is fine and can look after himself. Can you imagine what would have happened if someone else had found him first? Just thinking about it makes me want to throw up.” When Ethan was sure that I had made up my mind about taking Ryan home with us, he removed his cell phone from his pocket and went to the far end of the road to call Paul.

I shook Ryan’s head in an attempt to wake him up while saying, “Ryan, Ryan get up. Tell me what happened? Speak to me.” But he just laid there, still unconscious.

Ethan came back in a minute and said me, “Paul is on his way. He will be here in fifteen minutes.” I just kept looking at Ryan’s face and caressed his cheek with my thumb.

Just then, he opened his eyes slowly and my heart stopped for a second when I saw his grey eyes settling on mine before he spoke while giggling like a child, “I am officially drunk. I can see the one person who would never come back to me. Amber, baby, aren’t you a sight for sore eyes?” I looked at Ethan who was scratching his eyebrows before exclaiming, “Baby, huh?”

I smiled a little through my tears before kissing Ryan on his forehead. “I am here, Ryan. Can you try to sit up? We are taking you home with us, you will be just fine. Do you remember how did you get here?”, I said slowly.

He sat up immediately, frightening me a little before he slowly placed his palms on my cheeks. “It’s you. It’s Amber. I am not dreaming. You are here. I thought I would never see you again. I am sorry for everything”, Ryan said while tears came down his eyes.

I wanted to hold him and take everything upon me that had made him feel so vulnerable. My heart broke in a million pieces when I saw him holding onto me as if I was his world.

I placed my hand on his palm and said, “It’s okay, Ryan. Did you come here with someone? Where is Khloe or Samwell or Kyle?” As soon as I mentioned Khloe, his entire body went stiff and he immediately dropped his hand in his lap.

I then knew that something was up with them and waited for him to say something more. “She was lying to me, Amber. She hurt me, again”, he said while putting his head in between his hands.

I scooted closer to him and held him tightly. “Hey, whatever it is, it will be fine”, I said while he wrapped his arms around me.

I didn’t know what was wrong with him but I knew one thing for sure that it was about Khloe. I felt like killing that bitch for being a constant pain in his life.