Chapter 27

Ryan’s POV:

It was 6:30 in the evening when there was a knock on my office door. I looked up from the file I was reviewing when I saw Samwell standing at the doorway, looking at me before saying, “We should leave now.”

I looked at my watch and took a deep breath before saying, “Give me five more minutes. I will just get done with this file and then we can leave.” He nodded at me and sat on the sofa in my office while checking his phone.

After exactly ten minutes, I got up from my chair and got out from my office, Samwell following me behind. We got in my car and Samwell drove us back to my place.

When I reached the driveway, Khloe was already standing there, in a black midi length dress. The dress had spaghetti straps and an asymmetrical neckline with a front split.

Her hair were pulled loose on one side of her neck and her pencil heels made her legs look long and sexy. She passed me a big smile and waited for Samwell to open the door for her.

She sat next to me and looked at me expectantly. I knew exactly what this was about.

“You look beautiful”, I complimented her while a small smile plastered on my lips. She blushed before holding my hand and staring out the window.

We reached at the Stark’s place in less than an hour. Hannah and Logan welcomed us inside and all of us sat in the living room.

“Where is Richie?”, I asked Hannah while taking a gulp of water from my glass. “He’s with the babysitter, playing in the garden. I will call them inside in a minute so that Rachel can give him a bath and then feed him dinner”, Hannah said while smiling at me.

Khloe fidgeted with her fingers before looking at Hannah and asked, “So does life change after a baby?” Logan looked at both of us with his eyes growing wide and asked, “What is it, guys? Do you’ll have news for us?”

I looked at Khloe while she bit her lower lip at the question and I knew this was my clue to spill the beans, “We are pregnant.” Logan and Hannah smiled widely at us before Logan fist bumped me saying his congratulations and Hannah hugged Khloe saying how happy she was at the news.

“When did you’ll get to know about this?”, Hannah asked Khloe while folding her hands on her lap. Khloe looked at me once before saying nervously, “I got to know this a week ago but I told Ryan today just before I received a call from you.”

Logan and Hannah nodded in acknowledgment to what Khloe said. After that, Hannah started sharing her pregnancy experience with Khloe and all the preparations that Khloe will have to do before the baby actually arrived.

Khloe looked genuinely interested and excited and I was happy to see that she was welcoming this with as much enthusiasm as I was. I have always been too good with kids and the idea of becoming a dad myself always excited me.

I always thought about how sweet it would be to have a child of our own one day. Someone with Khloe’s big doe eyes and that beautiful smile of hers.

But Khloe wasn’t ready for having a baby then and I never forced her for it because well, its her body. But now, when I know that a mini Ryan or a mini Khloe is on its way in our life, I couldn’t be any more happy than I already was.

I didn’t know if I could love Khloe again, not now when I was already in love with someone else. I felt like shit for making Amber feel any less than what she was to me.

But I had to do this for my baby. I would be okay with not having a love fulfilled marriage with Khloe ever again if it meant that my baby would never have to see that his parents are divorced.