Chapter 20

Ryan’s POV:

“Do you love me?”, I asked her while drawing circles on her arm with my thumb. She laughed as if to find humour in it but when she saw me being serious about it, she answered slowly, “How do you expect me to answer that? You are an amazing person but love is a completely different concept and I don’t even know you properly to fall in love with you.”

“Would you love me if whatever you know is everything I am?”, I asked her while leaving my hold on her hand, afraid to hear her answer. Why was I even asking her this?

I don’t know but I so desperately wanted to hear a yes. She caught hold of my hand again and said, “If this gives you any self-assurance that you deserve the best in life then yes I would have loved you.”

A tear slipped from the corner of my eye and before I could even realize my instincts, I pulled her in a hug. I was holding onto her for dear life.

She seemed like the only hope that I had and I needed to hang on to her if I wanted to get out safely of this avalanche that my life was. My hand was stroking her hair gently and my other was wrapped around her waist.

After a few moments, she pulled away but she was still too close to me. Her eyes were glossy and some of her hair were splayed across her face making her look even more beautiful.

And then I did the one thing that I feared the most. I pulled her back towards me and crashed my lips on hers.

She held my shoulders to steady herself while I sucked her soft lips. She tasted like chocolate and mint.

I bit her lower lip which caused her to moan in my mouth. I loved that sound coming from her.

I grazed her lips with my tongue while tasting every inch of it. She opened her mouth and that was all I needed.

I sucked her tongue and allowed myself to register how she tasted. This was probably the first and last time this was happening and I needed every bit of it to last my entire life.

She licked my lips and smiled slightly causing me to close my eyes to stop myself from making any further move. After a few moments, I parted away from her before kissing her again on the corner of her lips.

She tasted like heaven and I so desperately wanted to touch her everywhere but I knew I shouldn’t. I didn’t want her to be angry at me as to why did I kiss her but I wouldn’t be surprised if she was.

But then she just blushed at me and it made my heart flutter. She liked it.

She kissed me back and that means that she wanted to. I laid on my bed while pulling her with me.

She laid her head on my chest and her hand was resting on my stomach. I kissed her on the forehead before we both lay there in silence.

My eyes opened when I heard faint knocks on the door. I opened it slightly to see Kyle standing there in his boxers while looking irritated.

“What is it, Kyle?”, I asked him slowly, ensuring that I don’t wake Amber up. “We have a problem. Can we talk?”, he said while motioning me to come out.

I stepped out of the room before closing the door behind me and waited for him to speak. “It is about Khloe. Celine called me five minutes back and she sounded scared. She told me that Khloe called your office when you didn’t return home last night and she found out that you weren’t in the office since morning. Khloe feels that you are ignoring her and so she even tried to hurt herself. But luckily Lucas was there so nothing really happened to her. But also, Celine told me that she didn’t eat anything for dinner and she has been crying non-stop saying that how could you just start avoiding her. I thought that you might want to do something about this”, Kyle told me while pressing his temples.