Epilogue

Amber’s POV:

4 years later -

“Are you ready to leave, honey?”, Ryan asked me while he kissed me on the forehead. I looked at him with my puppy dog eyes and said while pouting, “I feel like a football and I need to pee every fifteen minutes. I don’t want to leave my dearest friend Mr. Toilet right now. But I am also excited to meet my amazing in-laws so I think I will be alright.”

Ryan brushed my cheek with his thumb before lowering on his knee and kissing my belly. “Just a month more, baby and then junior Amber will be out playing with us”, he said while smiling at me.

“We can cancel this dinner if you want. I don’t want you to be uncomfortable and feel like shit the entire time there”, he said again before getting up and circling his arms around my waist. I rubbed my palms around his muscles that I dearly love before saying, “No, let’s go. Mom was so excited when she called in the morning that we are coming home tonight. I don’t want to be the reason for her sadness and on top of that, I really need to go out. I feel like shit because you don’t let me do anything other than sitting on this bed and eating salads all day. Atleast, I will get to eat stuffed turkey tonight. Now let’s leave before I change my mind.”

His loud laughter rang in my ears while we made our way towards the car waiting for us outside our mansion. We got to know the sex of the baby when I was five months pregnant and both of us couldn’t be more happy.

Ryan wanted a baby girl from the moment he learned that I was pregnant while I wanted a baby Ryan. Our worlds changed since the moment we got the big news.

The past eight months have been about sleepless emotional nights, food cravings, lots and lots of surprises and courtesy of Ryan, bed rest too. It is Thanksgiving today and like every Thanksgiving since Ryan got separated from Khloe we have been celebrating it with his parents.

Mr. and Mrs. Parker have treated me like their own daughter and I am so lucky to have such in-laws. They never made me feel the emptiness of not having my parents around.

Ryan’s mom has been sending me  cookies since she came to know that I was pregnant because she knows that I love the cookies she bakes. Infact, she even asked Ryan to help them to settle in New York itself because she wanted to spend the rest of her life with her granddaughter and us.

And so, around eight months back, Ryan got them an apartment in the SoHo area and honestly, I am glad to have them so around. Also, finally Ethan met the guy who sees his entire world in him and they are so perfect  for each other.

They got married a year back and are looking to adopt a baby. Ethan moved to Chicago after our college graduation and so, I moved in with Ryan.

Then, two years later, he came in our wedding with his guy, Neil. And there he showed me the ring on his finger.

I cried for two reasons that day, first because I was marrying the love of my live after so many problems that came in our way and second, because my bestest friend in the world was engaged. Apparently, Ethan met Neil through some online dating app and although I never believed that those apps actually work, I don’t think Ethan could get someone who would love him like Neil does.

He literally sees Ethan with hearts in his eyes. Life has seemed like a fairytale since.

Ethan shifted back to New York with Neil six months back and Ryan promised me that he would ensure that they get a house in our neighbourhood but it was a complete surprise to me when I realised that Ryan got them the house just next to us so that made us next door neighbours. We literally knock on each other’s door even at 3 in the night just because one of us had a bad day and wanted to hug it out.