Chapter 26

Amber’s POV:

Kyle dropped me back at Ethan’s place because he felt that I shouldn’t be left alone after everything that happened at the Parker’s. He asked me a hundred times if there was anything that he could do to make me feel better.

He thought that I was crying because of the encounter I had with Khloe but little did he know, that I expected nothing better than what Khloe was to me. As soon as I knocked on the door, Ethan opened it immediately and stood in front of me with panic written all over his face.

“Oh my god! You are safe. Where did you go this early?”, he asked me while hugging me tightly. As soon as I heard his voice, the tears that I had barely restrained, came down my cheeks.

He pulled me inside the house by my arm and after closing the door shut, he cupped my cheeks and asked me, concern laced in his voice, “What happened, babe?” I hiccupped twice before answering, “I went to Ryan’s place to return the purse that we found at the bar yesterday, after Khloe left. And the surprising thing is, I found out that she is pregnant and when Ryan came to know this, his happiness knew no bounds.”

Ethan took a step back and rubbed his face with both his hands before pulling me in a hug again, “Oh! I am so sorry, honey. He doesn’t deserve a girl like you.” I sobbed like a baby in his embrace before pulling back and wiping my tears.

“I am not someone to sulk over a broken heart. I have dreams to accomplish. Let’s get ready. We have college in an hour”, I said while absentmindedly roaming around the house looking for god knows what. Ethan came towards me and stopped me in my rant by holding my hand.

“You shouldn’t be so hard on yourself, Amber. It’s okay to cry and let it all out. I have decided that we are taking a day off today from both work and college. We will sit at home and have a movie marathon in our pyjamas all day. I will order pizza for lunch and then we can bake a breakup cake in the evening”, he said while smiling at me. I smiled back at him and said, “Sounds like a plan to me. I might even make some banana bread today.”

After hearing this, Ethan twirled me around while I giggled like a kid and said to me, “I love you, Amber but not more than the delicious banana bread that you make.” I wiped a few mock tears to show that I was hurt before going in Ethan’s bedroom to get changed.

Ryan’s POV:

Kyle was about to make his way outside the house when I shouted for him to wait and come back inside. He looked at me and raised an eyebrow to which, I gestured him to follow me into the guest bedroom.

“What is it, Ryan?”, he asked me while sitting on the chair that was near the window. I scratched my eyebrow nervously and asked him before leaning on the wall next to the window, “How is she doing?”

Kyle laughed hysterically before saying, “Oh! She was planning to celebrate all day. I had never seen her so happy before.” I passed him a glare before taking a deep breath and hissed at him, “Stop playing games, Kyle. Can you for once say what I have actually asked you?”

He looked at the window once as if deep in thought and then replied, “You tell me, Ryan. How will a girl react when her heart gets broken?” I looked at him in surprise, the fact getting digested in my system that Kyle knows that there is something between us.

Before I could react to his question, he got up from the chair and came straight towards me with a stern look on his face, “Don’t look so surprised, Ryan. Yes, I know that you’ll feel something for each other. I have seen you getting nervous around her, something that I haven’t seen you being ever before, not even when you have met the most successful people in the world to sign a deal for your business. I knew it from the day I saw you’ll in that kitchen just about to kiss each other. But what I never understood was what exactly was stopping you from admitting that to her. I can bet that she loves you more than she shows and I saw it today on her face when she heard about Khloe’s pregnancy. She looked as if her world had got shattered and honestly, I just felt like kicking your ass back then.” I took a deep breath again.