Chapter 33

Ryan’s POV:

I wanted to scream to the entire world and most importantly to the girl standing in front of me that I wasn’t playing with her heart and that whatever I said to her came straight from my heart. I was falling for her and she had absolutely no idea about it.

But what rights did I have to return to her when I was the one who pushed her away from me in the very first place? I could have stopped her when she came to my place and I should have told her what I felt about her but I just let her go.

I didn’t deserve a girl like her in my life and I knew this from the very start but I was just too stubborn to accept it. I wanted her to be mine but I was never ready to do what it took to keep a girl like her in my life.

I looked at Amber once who was now in Ethan’s arms, crying her heart out and I took two steps back from her. “I am sorry, Amber. I am so sorry”, I said aloud before turning around and taking the steps down the building, two at a time.

As soon as I reached the lobby, I sat against the wall and cried while hiding my head between my knees. I lost her.

I fucking lost the one thing that was worth preserving in a museum. I sat there for a few more minutes before I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called Samwell to pick me up.

I was in no state to walk back home before getting involved in an accident. I made my way outside the building and waited for him to arrive.

He reached there in the next ten minutes and as soon as he saw me, he stepped out of the car and came rushing towards me. “Do you have any idea how worried we were? God, you should have atleast called me to let me know that you were fine”, Samwell said while clutching my arm and shaking me back to my senses.

I looked at him while tears spilled down my cheeks again and said, “I hurt her, Sam. She hates me for all I know. I feel so guilty for making her feel like that. She was crying because of me and my heart broke into smithereens seeing her like that because of me.” Samwell hugged me without saying a word and I hugged him tightly, trying to calm myself.

He then helped me get into the car and drove back to my place. As soon as I reached home, I went straight to the guest room and took a long bath to think about what I would do next.

But nothing made sense. After staying in the shower for twenty minutes straight, I came out and did the one thing that I was sure about.

I picked my phone which was lying on my bed and called my lawyer Mr. Lewis. I had no patience to wait and call Mike first and then ask him to arrange a meeting for me with Mr. Lewis.

I wanted to get done with this Khloe chapter in my life once and for all. I was sitting in the living room, burying myself within piles and piles of pending work that I asked Lara to send to my place.

I needed to keep myself busy if I didn’t want to lose my mind in the mess that my life was. Just then, the doorbell rang and one of the housekeepers came running downstairs to open the door.

“Mr. Parker, Mr. Lewis is here to see you”, the housemaid said to me before making her way into the kitchen. I got up from the couch and shook his hands before resuming my position back on the couch.

“Hello, Mr. Parker. I hope you are doing good”, Mr. Lewis said before taking a seat on the couch, opposite me. I just nodded at him in acknowledgement before passing him a small smile.

“Mike had called me around fifteen days back and had already fixed an appointment for us which was arranged to happen this weekend. I guess it is something important that couldn’t wait till then”, Mr. Lewis taunted me with a smirk on his face. This was the problem with Mr. Lewis, he was the most successful lawyer in New York and because of that he treated everyone else like trash.