Chapter 32

Ryan’s POV:

The next day when I opened my eyes, I realized that I was laying in a bed that I was vaguely familiar with. But before I could analyse anything more, the shrieking headache forced me to stop burdening my brain with anything else.

I looked around the room and my eyes focused on the photo frame on the nightstand. There she was, smiling at the photographer and looking so pretty even when her hair were disheveled because of the salty air of the beach and her freckles were so eminently visible.

But that was the thing about Amber. Knowing that she doesn’t even try to hide her imperfections, makes her somehow more attractive to me.

Finally, my brain decided to react past its intoxication stage and shot the one question through my body and that was how the hell did I reach here? I remembered that I was at Logan’s for dinner and then I left the house after making sure that everything was over between me and Khloe.

As soon as the reality of last night struck my mind, everything that happened between Khloe and me came crashing back to me again. My stomach started rumbling in the process and it was as if my body was still not accepting the truthfulness of the whole scenario.

I immediately stepped down from the bed but in doing so, I had apparently caused my brain to freeze because I then had to stay still for the next few minutes, long enough for me to be sure enough of walking to the bathroom without getting a brain haemorrhage on the way. Once I was feeling better, I went in the bathroom and threw up again.

After I came back inside the room, my headache had evidently increased and I could do nothing else but to sit there while pressing my temples. I looked at the picture of Amber again and that’s when I noticed that there was a glass of juice kept near the frame along with a pill which seemed like aspirin to me.

Also, along with it there were two notes. The note with the medicine read ‘Eat me’ and the other with the juice glass read ‘Drink me’.

I knew this was all Amber and with a small smile on my face I took the medicine in my palm and gulped it along with the glass of orange juice. I took a deep breath because I knew this would be the time when I would finally see her after hurting her so much from the past few days.

My brain was flooding with scenarios regarding how she would react when our eyes will meet. I shook my head once in an attempt to get rid of those thoughts before making my way outside the room.

As soon as I stepped in the living room, I saw Amber sleeping on the couch while Ethan sat on the opposite end of the couch with a newspaper in his hand. She looked…tired.

I was sure that she would have been up the entire night just so that if I get up and need something, she would be there to attend to me. I wanted to move close to her and kiss her on the forehead but before that thought could even settle in my brain, I heard Ethan say, “Don’t even think about it.”

I looked at him in surprise and raised an eyebrow. He kept the newspaper down and said again, “Whatever it is that you were thinking about. Just let it go. Anyway, do you need some coffee? I am gonna go and make some for me.”

I shook my head without even thinking about what he asked. Just then, Amber opened her eyes slowly and said, “Ryan drinks black coffee, Ethan.”

My entire body froze when my eyes settled on hers. She looked at me tiredly as if I was the reason behind her being the way she was right now.

Actually, I knew it was because of me that she looked as if she could collapse on that couch again and sleep for the next seven hours straight. I passed her a small smile to erase the awkwardness before saying, “Good morning, sunshine.”