Prologue

"Jeno, I think that's enough." Donghyuck said as he crossed his arms, leaning against the brick wall, watching his friend beat up the man. "He's basically pulp.

"One more for good luck." Jeno said as he kicked the man one more time. A small grunt escaped the mans's lips before his eyes closed, falling unconscious. Jeno dusted his hands off in satisfaction.

Donghyuck turned around at the sound of a spray can being shaken and saw Renjun standing there.

"Move." Renjun said, shoving him aside. Donghyuck rolled his eyes.

"Can you work faster, slowpoke?" Donghyuck said as Renjun sprayed a golden phoenix on the floor beside the man.

"Art takes time. You wouldn't know." Renjun retorted as he focused on his artwork.

"Hate to say this but I'm with Haechan this time. Jisung's initiation is soon." Jeno told him. Donghyuck smirked.

Suddenly, a spray can was thrown at Donghyuck. Thankful for his quick reflexes, he caught it in his hands.

"You two have no patience." Renjun said as he walked passed the two. Donghyuck watched with Jeno as the boy hopped onto his motorcycle, revving the engine. He gave them a smirk as he turned his head towards them. "Let's see who's the slowpoke now."

Oh, you're so on, Huang.

...

Donghyuck gritted his teeth as the three motorcycles arrived at the rundown bar same time. He could tell Renjun was just as mad as he took his helmet off, gripping tightly to it as he glanced over at him.

"Not bad." Renjun said he met Donghyuck halfway.

"You had a head start though." Donghyuck replied with a smirk. They heard Jeno clear his throat.

"Hurry up losers, they're waiting for you." Jeno said, his tone clearly annoyed.

Donghyuck and Renjun chuckled as they made their way through the doors, a black sign with the words The Emperor's Court in gold lettering and a golden phoenix hanging above.

The three of them hung their helmets on the rack under the word Dream, where three other helmets already were, leaving an empty space for one more helmet.

The blue-haired medic approached the three of them. He shot a glare at Jeno as soon as he saw his bloody knuckles.

"Are you serious, Jeno? I bandaged this yesterday!" Jaemin exclaimed before looking at Donghyuck. He raised his left hand.

"I was smart enough to use my other one." Donghyuck said. Jaemin let out a deep sigh.

"You two are going to be the death of me." Jaemin muttered as he turned to go grab the first aid kit but Jeno held him back by the collar of his leather jacket.

"Initiation first." Jeno said as the four of them walked towards the table where the youngest member of the Phoenixes was lying, shirtless. His best friend, Chenle was holding a tattoo pen in his hand as he sat by his side. Jeno's brother and Donghyuck's cousin, Taeyong, had his arms crossed as he stood at the head.

"Did you deal with him?" Taeyong asked.

"He's basically pulp." Donghyuck told him as Jeno nodded in agreement.

"Alright then. Renjun, hurry up and get this started already." Taeyong said as Renjun took the tattoo pen from Chenle's hands.

"Geez, why does nobody in here have patience." Renjun muttered as Taeyong cleared his throat.

"We have gathered today as there is a new phoenix that will be rising here tonight." Taeyong announced, earning cheers and roars from the group. "Park Jisung has passed the tests."

"Is this going to hurt?" Donghyuck heard Jisung whisper to Renjun. Oh, you have no idea.

"Chenle, hold his hand." Renjun simply responded as he got into his drawing stance, lining up the tattoo pen with Jisung's right ribcage.

Taeyong wore a wide grin as he nodded his head to Renjun, who began placing the tip near Jisung's skin. Jisung was sweating profusely as he tightly held onto Chenle's hand.

Poor boy, Donghyuck thought as he watched Renjun begin his work.

"Let the fire burn to ash." Taeyong called out as they all began to stomp and bang on tables and chairs.

"And let the phoenix rise." Donghyuck and the rest of the of gang replied in unison as their noise drowned the screams escaping Jisung's lips.

———————————————————————————

Boom era.. my favourite dream era..