Chapter 29

"Hi, love."

Ayeon dropped her things on the floor and engulfed the male in a big hug.

"Hey, take it easy, he's still healing." Taeil advised as Donghyuck ruffled the girl's hair. Ayeon settled in the bed beside Donghyuck, her arms still around his torso, leaning on his shoulder.

"You scared me, I thought you weren't going to wake up!" Ayeon exclaimed. Donghyuck just chuckled, squeezing her cheek.

"No, I was just making up for all the lost sleep from you waking me up in the middle of the night because you thought you saw a ghost." Donghyuck teased.

"Yah." Ayeon said, shooting the male a glare. Donghyuck just gave her a cheeky grin.

"Anyways, I heard my angel passed all her tests." Donghyuck said. Ayeon nodded her head.

"Every single one of them. But you would have know that if you weren't fighting for your life." Ayeon said, poking Donghyuck's temple.

Taeil cleared his throat to remind the two that he was still there and Ayeon immediately turned red from embarrassment.

"Ayeon, I think you're still missing a few things." Taeil pointed out.

"Oh. Right." Ayeon still hadn't sworn her loyalty to the gang, or received her jacket and tattoo.

Taeil smiled as he got up and opened the door, where Taeyong was standing outside, a phoenix jacket in hand.

"I believe we have some unfinished business to do."

...

"How does it fit?" Taeyong asked as Ayeon looked at her reflection in the mirror. She adjusted the leather jacket she was wearing.

"It's a little stiff." Ayeon admitted, earning small laughs from the gang members in the room.

"That's because it's new. After a week it will feel perfect." Taeyong reassured her, crossing his arms before glancing at Taeil.

"We're going to let you two have your alone time now." Taeil said getting up. Him and Taeyong walked out of the room, leaving the two alone.

"How are you feeling?" Ayeon asked, taking a seat on Donghyuck's bed.

"A little sore, but Taeil said that's normal." Donghyuck told her.

"Did he say how long it will take for you to heal?" Donghyuck shrugged.

"A week until I can start riding again. Might take a month or so for it to heal fully." Donghyuck informed her.

"So you should take it easy." Ayeon said, narrowing her eyes. Donghyuck only smiled.

"Oh please, you and I both know that won't happen." Donghyuck said, earning a light slap on the arm.

"Ouch." Donghyuck said with a pout, pretending to be hurt.

Ayeon shook her head. "That's what you get for being reckless."

Donghyuck stared at the girl in front of him, the corner of his lips moving upwards.

"What?" Ayeon asked, noticing the look the male was giving her.