Chapter 23

"We're not going to my place, are we?" Ayeon asked as she looked out the window.

"Nope, we're heading straight to Taeil's." Jiayi answered, a small smile on her face.

...

"Here." Jaemin said, passing the plastic bag full of ice to the boy splayed on the couch.

"Thanks." Donghyuck mumbled as he took it, placing it on his swollen cheek.

The members of the apartment were scattered in the common area, along with Mark that sat beside Donghyuck.

The word "angry" couldn't even describe how Donghyuck was feeling. He was absolutely infuriated. Someone in that room had snitched to Taeyong about his relationship with Ayeon and he wanted to know who.

"Who did it?" Donghyuck asked the group, looking around. They were all silent.

"Did what?" Renjun asked. Donghyuck gave him a look.

"Who snitched? I know one of you did it because Taeyong wouldn't have known otherwise." Donghyuck said.

Donghyuck tapped his finger on his thigh as he waited for a response. Finally, one of them spoke up, surprising all of them.

"I did." Jaemin said softly. Donghyuck poked the inside of his cheek with his tongue as he took a deep breath, trying not to explode. But it didn't help.

"You did what?" Donghyuck exclaimed, sending Jaemin a glare.

"I told Taeyong. It's for your own good. Otherwise, she could have ended like-"

"Shut up." Jeno said, standing up from the dinning table. "It wasn't your call."

"But... but..." Jaemin just watched as Jeno made his way to Donghyuck.

"You should go find her. Otherwise you might regret it." Jeno said to his cousin with soft eyes.

Donghyuck didn't need to be told twice. He tossed his ice pack into Jaemin's lap before heading out of the apartment.

...

Ayeon was resting on the couch when a knock sounded from Taeil's door. She exchanged looks with Taeil who stood up to get it.

"It was Jaemin." Ayeon's head snapped at the sound of Donghyuck's voice, a smile spreading on her lips.

"Damn, that looks painful." Jiayi said as soon as Donghyuck walked in. His cheek was still swollen from the slap.

Ayeon instinctively pulled the male into an embrace as he sat down on the couch beside her. She ran her thumb over his cheek, making him wince.

"I was so worried about you." Ayeon said as Jiayi got up to get him some ice.

"I'm fine, I was more worried about you." Donghyuck said, glancing at Winwin. He looked away and Donghyuck gave Ayeon a small peck.

"Now what were you saying about Jaemin?" Jiayi said as he passed Donghyuck the ice. He sighed as he held Ayeon's hand, lacing their fingers.

"Jaemin told Taeyong we were there." Donghyuck said.

"He's probably just worried about you." Taeil said, bringing a tray full of mugs of tea. He passed them out. "Especially with what happened with you know who."

"Who?" Ayeon asked the group. They exchanged looks before turning to Jiayi.

"You losers want me to explain, don't you?" Jiayi said as she picked up a mug.

"You'll probably do the best job." Winwin said, wrapping an arm around her.

"I hate that you're right." Jiayi said before turning to Ayeon. "There wasn't always a dating ban."