Chapter 17

"I-I'm going to head to work now." Minhyung said, quickly standing up to place his dishes in the sink but Donghyuck didn't let him go that easily.

"Mark what the heck man?! I thought you were dead!" Donghyuck exclaimed, following the male but Mark just ignored him.

"Donghyuck, do you know him?" Ayeon said, standing up to be by Donghyuck.

"I think you have the wrong person." Minhyung mumbled, grabbing his jacket. "Anyways, I'll see you later, Ayeon."

Minhyung left the apartment in a rush, leaving Ayeon standing there with Donghyuck, who had his hands balled in fists and tears brimming his eyes. Ayeon grabbed his hand, interlocking their fingers.

"Hey, why don't we eat first?" Ayeon suggested. Donghyuck snapped out of his trance and nodded his head.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea."

...

They ate silently, the only sound coming from their forks scraping their plates. When they were done, Donghyuck stood up.

"Here, you cooked so I'll clean up." Donghyuck said, stacking their plates.

"No, it's okay." Ayeon said but Donghyuck shook his head.

"I insist. Go sit down and take a break or something." Donghyuck told her. Ayeon saw the look in Donghyuck's eyes and nodded her head.

As Ayeon sat on the couch, waiting for Donghyuck to finish up, she couldn't help but think about how Donghyuck knew Minhyung and how strangely Minhyung was acting. Donghyuck's voice repeated in her head.

"Mark what the heck man?! I thought you were dead!"

Ayeon tapped her finger against her leg in thought. Why did Donghyuck call him Mark?

Donghyuck returned from the kitchen, a small smile on his face. "I'm sorry about that. I must have mistaken your roommate for someone else. Thank you for breakfast though, it was lovely."

Donghyuck sat beside Ayeon and she cuddled up beside him. "No problem, anything for you." She pressed a light kiss against his cheek.

Donghyuck wrapped an arm around her and the two of them stayed there, cuddled up on the couch. Donghyuck's phone vibrated in his pocket, and a frown formed when Donghyuck looked at it.

"What is it?" Ayeon asked the male. Donghyuck sighed, placing his phone in his pocket.

"I'd love to stay and have you in my arms all day, but Renjun just texted and I have to go back." Donghyuck told her.

Ayeon would be lying if she said that she wasn't sad but she knew how important the gang was to Donghyuck.

"It's okay. You can always come back whenever." Ayeon told him. Donghyuck nodded.

"If you stay late at school, let me know and I'll drop you off." Donghyuck said, getting up. Ayeon nodded, following Donghyuck to her room for him to pack.

Ayeon watched as Donghyuck shoved most of his clothes in his backpack, stopping at his blue flannel. He smirked before folding it up, placing it on her bed.

"You're not going to take that with you?" Ayeon asked. Donghyuck shook his head.

"Looks better on you, anyways."

Ayeon smiled as Donghyuck zipped his bag up, putting on his signature leather jacket before swinging his bag over his shoulder.

When they got to the door, Donghyuck surprised her by pressing her against the door, placing his lips on hers in a deep kiss.