Chapter 18

Donghyuck removed his vape from his lips, letting the smoke form in front of him. In the middle of the bar was the Chinese couple, Renjun, Taeil, and many of the others chatting with the two of them.

Renjun's literally glowing. Donghyuck scoffed as he leaned against the bar, sitting on one of the stools alone. It had been a while since he had seen his best friend so happy.

The reason behind Renjun's happiness was that his favourite hyung, or gege in this case, was back, along with his girlfriend, which just so happened to be Renjun's older sister. With the return of Winwin and Jiayi, Taeil also came.

The story behind Winwin and Renjun was an interesting one. Winwin had joined the Phoenixes early on, one of the first few members, and the first Chinese one. Somewhere along the lines, he had met Jiayi and the two of them fell in love. Knowing that the two couldn't be together, Jiayi became a phoenix for Winwin and brought Renjun along with her.

It surprised Donghyuck that Renjun had never hated his sister for dragging him along with her into the gang life, but Donghyuck guessed that his friend's love for Winwin overpowered that. Plus, Renjun's sassy and savage personality seemed to make him a perfect fit for the gang.

Donghyuck chuckled at the thought of Renjun and Winwin. Jiayi was slightly pissed that her younger brother had called her boyfriend's name first and gave him a big hug while all she got was a glare and "why are you here?"

Donghyuck was so busy thinking about the the events in the parking lot that he didn't even notice that the female has joined him at the bar.

"Long time no see, Haechan." Donghyuck jumped at the voice, earning a smile from Jiayi.

"Don't do that!" Donghyuck exclaimed, making the girl throw her head back in laughter.

"You deserve it, you haven't even greeted me yet." Jiayi replied.

"Renjun told me not to." Donghyuck lied but Jiayi saw right through it.

"As much as it sounds like something my brother would do, I know for a fact he didn't." Jiayi said, taking a seat on the stool beside him. "So tell me, what's up?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Donghyuck responded. Jiayi looked around and Donghyuck's eyes followed hers to the crowd gathered around Winwin and Taeil.

She leaned forward on the counter so she was closed to Donghyuck. "Tell me about your girlfriend."

Donghyuck's eyes widened in shock. "How did you know?"

Jiayi smiled. "Renjun and Taeil are terrible at keeping secrets, especially to me. So spill, I want to hear all about it. And it's not like I care anyways, I wasn't a phoenix either when I fell for Sicheng."

Donghyuck sighed. "I don't know. She's just so beautiful and lovely but the fact that she's not a phoenix complicates everything."

Jiayi nodded her head. "I can understand that. It's hard, Sicheng always told me that. But somehow it worked out for us in the end."

"Yeah, and I'm glad it did. For you and Winwin-hyung of course. I'm still mad that you had to bring that annoying brat with you."

Donghyuck suddenly felt himself being held in a headlock.

"Annoying brat? Do you want to die?" Renjun said, from behind him.

"L-l-let. G-go." Donghyuck choked out as Jiayi gave the two young boys a smile.

"Apologize first you off-pitch swine." Renjun replied.

Donghyuck felt his airways close up and looked towards Jiayi for help.