Chapter 9

Donghyuck had parked his bike in front of a small trailer. Ayeon immediately hopped off the bike to help him. He winced as he took a step with the leg.

"Does it hurt a lot?" She asked him, even though the answer was clear.

"Not at all." Donghyuck said, staring at her before gritting his teeth. "Just help me up the steps, please."

Once they were in front of the door, Ayeon glanced at Donghyuck before knocking. A brown haired male opened the door.

"Haechan, you better be dying. Renjun freaking interrupted my sleep." The man said before widening his eyes, staring at the two, both covered in Donghyuck's blood, Ayeon wearing Donghyuck's jacket.

"Taeil, can we talk about this inside, it's kind of cold?" Donghyuck asked and the male immediately widened the door, letting them both inside.

...

The man, who Ayeon soon learned was named Taeil, showed her to washroom for her to shower, passing her a towel. He had given her a t-shirt and sweatpants for her to change in and a basket for her bloody clothes.

"Since when did you have female clothes?" Donghyuck asked as Ayeon walked out. Donghyuck was lying on the couch with his leg propped up on a stool for Taeil. His pants were cut open, revealing his deep and bloody cut. Taeil had cleaned his wound and was beginning to stitch it back together.

"They're Jiayi's." Taeil said, still focused on the wound. Ayeon gave them a confused look.

"That's Renjun's sister's." Donghyuck explained. He patted the small space on the couch. "Come sit."

Ayeon nodded as she sat down. Donghyuck motioned to the cup of tea on the table. "You can drink that, it's yours."

"Thank you." Ayeon said, taking the warm mug in her hands. She gave Donghyuck a small smile.

"So, what's your name?" Taeil asked as he stitched.

"Yoo Ayeon." Ayeon answer. Taeil nodded his head.

"What did you do to end up with a bunch of Phoenixes?" Taeil asked with a chuckle. Ayeon noticed Donghyuck roll his eyes.

"You act like you're not one yourself." Donghyuck stated. Ayeon was surprised to find out that Taeil was part of them. He seemed much too gentle to be part of such a powerful gang.

"Pfft I'm barely one and you should be glad because otherwise, you'd be dealing with Taeyong and Jeno right now instead of being here with me." Taeil replied without even looking up. "I'm still missing the story."

"Donghyuck actually saved me." Ayeon told him. Her words made Taeil stop.

"Donghyuck? Saved you?" Taeil said, staring at the boy. Donghyuck bit his lip, visibly nervous.

"Just stitch it back together, will you?" Donghyuck demanded with a wave of his hand.

"You have some explaining to do." Taeil mumbled as he continued stitching. Ayeon took the time to look around her.

Taeil trailer was well organized and cozy. From the inside, you couldn't tell that it was a trailer as it seemed like a normal apartment.

Ayeon turned as she heard Donghyuck singing. He immediately stopped as she met his eyes.

"I'm going to get the bandage, don't move." Taeil instructed before leaving the two alone.

"Why did you stop singing?" Ayeon asked the male in front of her.

"Because you gave me a look." Donghyuck answered. Ayeon shook her head.

"You have a nice voice." Ayeon simply said. It was true. Donghyuck's voice was beautiful. It was the most lovely sound she had ever heard.