Chapter Three

Warning: Language (but you probably already figured that out). 

"What're you two doing here?" one of the cloaked figures asked. "There.." I gulped, "There was a creature after us." I set a hand on my hip as I tried to catch my breath. Every so often, Jack looked over his shoulder like the creature was still following us. The two Order members were not impressed with our claims. "I have a picture to prove it," I said. I pulled out my phone from my back pocket. 

I handed my phone to the taller figure. Jack grabbed my hand, ushering me to stand back with him. "I see nothing," they said. However, instead of giving me my phone back like a normal person, they chucked it to the side like it was nothing. "What the hell!" I shouted. I ran over to the side to search for my phone. My shoulders dropped when I felt its familiar surface, noticing that the screen had been cracked. 

My new friend, Jack, rushed over to me and grabbed my arm. He set a hand on my shoulder, checking to see if I was alright. "There was an actual werewolf," Jack said, "We saw it, okay?" The figures looked at each other again. "Do it," the figure on the right ordered. I furrowed my brows from the sudden instruction. I wiped the dirt off of my jeans, knowing that I wouldn't be able to get the dirt off. 

The two cloaked figures shared a glance before looking back at me and Jack. One of them shouted, causing a cloud of powder to be blown in Jack's face. He fell to the floor with a thump. "Jack!" I shouted, kneeling at my friend's side. Before I could stand up from the ground, everything around me went black. 

~~~~

(The Next Day)

I squinted my eyes as I felt the sun shine on my face. My room was a complete mess. My magazines and books were scattered throughout the room. I felt a pulsing pain at the back of my head, already feeling a headache beginning to brew. I jumped slightly when my thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a knock coming from my door. I got out of bed, stepping over a few books. 

Jack stood on the other side of the door when I opened it. He had his hands in his robes pockets, a penis drawn in black marker on his forehead. "You..uh.. got a little something on your forehead," I pointed to his face. He nudged my shoulder and stepped into my dorm. I closed the door behind him and walked over to my desk. Jack smiled softly as I handed him a makeup wipe. "Thanks, Y/N/N," Jack said. 

He plopped down at my desk, his elbow resting on the surface as he wiped his forehead. Jack looked around my room at the mess. "What the fuck happened to your room?" he asked. "That's what I'm trying to figure out," I said, leaning against my bed. He threw the makeup wipe into the trashcan. "Do you remember what happened last night?" Jack questioned, rubbing his forehead. 

Images upon images flashed throughout my mind, almost like I my brain was trying to comprehend everything. I ran a hand over my face, the pain at the back of my head getting worse. "Well," I began stacking some books, "I remember running in a forest with you and..." My sentence trailed while I tried to remember everything. 

"And that's when we saw the werewolf," Jack interjected, standing up from the desk. I nodded and set the stack of books on the coffee table. He handed me a candle that had fallen on the ground. "You don't think-" I began. "That The Order probably mind-washed us? Yeah, I do," Jack interrupted again. The two of us left my dorm to head to class. 

We walked side by side, each talking about what we remembered. "So, why do you think they did that?" I said. Jack shrugged. His hands were in the pockets of his jacket. "Probably to keep us from telling people what we saw," he thought. "If what we saw was an actual werewolf. Then, it must be a student here at Belgrave," I suggested, "We need to be careful, for all we know, this 'thing' could be looking for us."