Chapter Twenty One

I stared ahead at the hallway in front of me, I felt my fear slowly slipping away but I grasped onto as hard as I could. "Okay," I gulped, "This is fine, this is fine. I'm a pre-med student, I can do this." I glanced down and saw the arrow stuck in my side.

"Okay, that shouldn't be fatal?" I said, "Yeah, that's definitely not deep?" I heard some students scream as they ran down the hallways. I tried leaning over slightly to see if I could fine Hamish or Randall, but they weren't there. "You've got to be fucking kidding me," I muttered, "I can do this..." 

I slowly pulled the arrow out from my side, I threw it across from me. I grabbed another arrow and cut my palm. I hovered it over the wound and said the healing incantation, but nothing happened. "No, No, No!" I exclaimed, "Come on!" I repeated the incantation. Still no success, I reached for my phone and dialed Lilith's number. "Hey!" she greeted, "We're almost there."

"The healing incantation isn't working."

"What?"

"Rogwan stabbed me," I breathed heavily, "I've tried the incantation, it won't fucking work!" I groaned as my hand covered the wound, trying to stop the bleeding. "Okay, just stay calm," she said, "Jack and I are almost here."

"Hurry up, I don't know...how long I can stay away," I said and turned off my phone. I cautiously fixed my position and waited till my friends got there. For what felt like days, they soon arrived. Lilith ran to my side and did the incantation, but this time it worked. "Did Rogwan take your fear?" Jack asked, helping me up from the ground. "It's still her," I said, "I can feel it slowly going away though, so we better hurry." 

"Could be the power incantation?" Lilith suggested. "Let's hope," I said, "Where's Randall and Hamish?"

"At the bar, let's go," Jack answered. 

~~~~

The three of us walked into the Blade and Chalice, finding Hamish and Randall. My crush threw a dart at Hamish and it landed in his eye. Hamish groaned in pain. "Randall!" I exclaimed, "What the hell!"

"Guys, relax," Randall said, "It's just a dart in his eye." Hamish took the dart out and threw it to the floor. "See already healing," Hamish said, "I love being a werewolf." I narrowed my eyes and pointed behind them. "What? It's not a problem," Randall claimed then looked at the girl, "Hey! I'm a werewolf."

"Congratulations," she replied, looking up from the dish. "See? Doesn't scare, doesn't care," Randall said, "Hey what's wrong with your shirt?" I looked down at my once grey top, but now it almost look black. "Oh!" I said, "I got stabbed!" Hamish and Randall looked at me with shocked and excited faces. "Cool!" they said. "No!" Lilith said, "Not cool! Y/N, could've died."

"Eh, she's fine," Randall said, waving his hand. "Did you know there are centuries of pent-up anguish inside our hides. Rogwan cleaned house like that!" Hamish snapped at the last sentence, "Better than therapy." 

"He took your fear," I said. 

"Ate it, loved it, wouldn't shut up about how delicious it was," Randall said, "Apparently, werewolf fear is just....." Randall did the chefs kiss motion (GIF Above). "You should get him to do you guys," Hamish said. 

"No!"

"But fearlessness is amazing!" Hamish added. 

"Also amazing, Vera knows we have our memories back," Randall said, "Did Y/N, not tell you?" Lilith and Jack looked at me. "Y/N!" they yelled. "Hey!" I exclaimed, "It's not necessarily something that you can say over the phone." 

"How did it go with the sickles?" Randall asked. "We didn't get them," Lilith said, "but we can get them back whenever we want. It's just right off Taverner Road." Jack looked at her and furrowed his eyebrows. "No, it was Rural route 1," he said. "I saw signs when we turned east," Lilith argued, "Of course the place is protected by magic." Randall and Hamish made a weird face. "I know I'm supposed to be concerned for the fate of humanity but..." Hamish trailed. Randall gasped and looked my way. "I know what we should do!" he grabbed my hand and pulled he away from the rest of the group. "We should makeout!" he said. 

"What?!"

"I'm not afraid anymore," he said, "You know, I used to be afraid of being with you, but now that I have no fear. I'm not scared anymore." 

"We're in a life or death situation, and you want to makeout?" He just shrugged and smirked. "For a second I thought you were going to stay you wanted to jump off a bridge!" I said, laughing nervously. "No, but that's a great idea!" he said, "Ham-Radio come on!" I looked back at Lilith and Jack, they motioned me to got with them. 

~~~~

I sat next to Randall on the couch, my fear completely gone. I have never felt this much confidence in a long time. Hamish played with a puppet, talking in a childish voice. I finally got a great (or terrible) idea. I ran over to the bar and picked up a glass bottle. "Randall," I said, "Hit me with this glass bottle." He stood up from the couch, setting the bowl of popcorn beside him. 

"Ha! Okay!" 

 I smirked and stood my ground, crossing my arms as I prepared to get hit. All of a sudden something washed over me. "Wait! Wait! Stop!" I yelled, grabbed the glass from Randall before he could hit me. Hamish threw the doll to the side and screamed in horror. "You're scared," Randall picked up the toy, "You're scared again!" Randall chased Hamish around. 

   The three of us ran into the temple and found my mother and Alyssa. "Rogwan's gone!" I yelled, "What did you do?" The three of us stood in front of my mother and Alyssa, breathing heavily. I put my hands on my sides as I caught my breath. "It was Jack and Lilith," said Alyssa, "They beat him somehow." I smiled in relief once I saw Jack appear from the entrance of my mother's office. "Jack," Randall greeted, "Where's Lilith?" 

Jack never answered, I walked towards him. "Jack!" I said, "Where's my best friend?" Jack looked up with a worried expression. 

~~~~

I stood at the top of stairs in front of the abandon building, bringing my legs up to my chest. I wiped my tears away as I stared into space. She was gone, my best friend was gone and I couldn't do anything about it. I groaned in frustration, picking up a rock beside me and chucking it at the metal gate. I collapsed to the ground, holding my head in my hands. 

I heard the door behind me open then close. I looked behind me and saw Randall walk out. "Hey," he said, softly. He sat down beside me and smiled slightly. "I would ask if you're okay, but..." I trailed, "I think we both know the answer." Randall nodded and put an arm around my shoulders. I gave his hand a reassuring squeeze. I looked up at him and pecked his lips. Randall held my face with his hand, and kissed my forehead.