Chapter Twenty-Nine

(Third Person View)

Randall rushed into the den, finding Nicole towering over Gabrielle and Y/N. Randall ran over to Y/N and lifted her head. "What did you do to them?" Randall asked, looking up at Nicole. "Nothing," she replied, "I came in and found them both passed out in front of the lockers." Randall sighed and walked over to one of the lockers, he opened it up and gasped. "Oh shit," he mumbled, "Neither of them transformed." Randall whipped his head around, setting his hands on his hips. Nicole tilted her head in confusion and furrowed her brows. "Were they supposed to?" she asked, narrowing her eyes.

"Well," Randall sighed, "The hide is gone, so either Y/N/N is Midnight or Gabrielle is." Nicole watched him as he picked up his girlfriend. "Give me a hand," Randall ordered, pointing to Gab. Randall set Y/N down on the couch and rested her head on one of the pillows. He slipped off his sweatshirt and draped it over his girlfriend's shoulders. Nicole set Gabrielle on the other chair. Randall pushed a piece of Y/N's hair out of her face.

"They're going to wake up, right?"

"Absolutely," Randall replied and kissed Y/N's forehead. "You must really care about her," Nicole said. He smiled, still looking at his girlfriend. "Yeah, I do," he replied, "She'll be okay, they both will." Nicole nodded her head and sighed.

(Y/N's Point of View)

"Wait!" I yelled, jumping up from my position. I breathed heavily and looked around at my surroundings. I ran my hands through my hair, confused as to where I was. I hopped off of the stone table and continued to look around. I heard a rustling in the bushes, I reached for my knife but nothing was there. "There are two reasons on why you can't hurt me," a man's voice interrupted me. I turned around and saw a tall man standing before me. He had on a cream colored pair of khakis along with a pale blue shirt, followed by a white lab coat covering his shirt. His arms were crossed, his eyebrows raised.

"And what is that?" I asked. "Number one," the man said, holding up a finger. He kicked a brown log out of the way as he walked towards me. I took a step back, creating a long space in between the strange man and I. "You're in the collective unconscious," he continued. I looked at the man with a confused look, my mouth agape. The tall trees created a circle around my small figure. The gray clouds covered the blue sky above me, forming shadows around the surfaces surrounding me. I looked up from the dirt ground and brought my focus back to the tall man.

"and what's the second reason?" I inquired

"I'm your father."

(Third Person View)

The rest of the Knights sat around a table at the Blade and Chalice, drinking their beverages that they loved. Hamish took a sip of beer while Randall bounced his leg up and down in a nervous manner. Jack glared at Randall as the table started to shake. "It's already been two days," Randall said, setting his glass on the table. "We have no choice the eruptions are growing more unstable," Hamish said. "Which is all the more reason to go now," Randall said, "Do you not even care that another one of our Knights is in danger?" Hamish and Jack looked at him. "We need to get Lilith out before those eruptions make it impossible," Randall continued.

"You're assuming the Order will lose," Hamish said.

"And you're assuming they'll win," argued Jack. "We will, when Vera performs the Obquidio Niquaedo," Hamish said. "And murders god knows how many people," Jack said. "To save god knows how many others," said Hamish, "You've seen the news. The eruptions are out of control. The respondeos aren't working anymore."

"No," Jack shook his head, "All Vera has to do is give them that damn Fors factoram spell."

"This conversation is moot," Hamish said, using a word that Jack or Randall probably didn't know the meaning of. "We need four powerful practitioners to get Lilith back," Hamish added, "We need Y/N's mother."