Chapter Fourteen

A/N: Flashbacks will be in italics! 

I walked down the sidewalk, fiddling with the charms on my bracelet. Randall walked beside me. His arm kept brushing up against mine. I moved away slightly, earning a weird glance from the boy. "Nicole's my friend," Lilith said, "Why would she attack me?" I lifted up my sleeve, seeing the bracelet Daniel had given me at the beginning of our relationship. Some part of me didn't want anything to do with that lying son of a bitch. "She's not your friend," I said and dropped my sleeve, "None of them are, trust me." 

"We have to find some place to hide and just figure out what's happening," Randall said. "We're safe in public," Hamish said, looking around. "We should split up," said Lilith, "We're a pretty conspicuous group." 

"We should stick-" my sentence was cut short by a excruciating pain at the side of my head, I fell to my knees. I felt a hand on the back of my neck as I knelt on the ground. I looked to my side and saw my 'friends' wincing in pain as well (GIF Above). I continued to hold my head as the pain increased. It had finally stopped, I sat on my knees and sighed in relief. Randall put a hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay?" he asked. I stood up and shook his hand off. 

"I'm fine," I lied, "What the hell was that?" I wiped the dirt off of my leggings. "I think we were changing," Randall responded. "Into what?" Lilith inquired, looking at Randall. "I don't know," he sighed, "Something scary." 

"Is that what happened to us last night?" Hamish asked. I looked down at my wrist and realized I had completely broke the chain bracelet. I took the crushed bracelet off and threw it to the ground. "Yeah, I think so," I said. "So, why did it stop this time?" Hamish questioned, but it was more like a statement. He stepped forward and looked around a bit. Jack, Lilith, and Hamish walked further while Carpio and I stayed back a little bit. "What did you throw on the ground?" he asked, looking down at me. 

"Nothing," I said, "Now will you just leave me alone ? I don't need a knight and shining armor."  I stood walked in between Lilith and Jack. "I think we stopped it," Jack said, glancing at Hamish. "Is that why are memories are messed up?" Lilith asked, "Because we're monsters?"

"I don't know what happened to you four," I retorted, "but it was not the same thing that happened to me." They all looked at me, confused. "Where's your bracelet?" Jack asked and pointed to my wrist. A girl's scream interrupted our conversation, causing us to look at the source. We all rushed forward, but stayed a good distance away. There was a tall while statue that stood in the middle of a concrete seating area. I don't ever remember there being one there in particular. Students crowded around it, looking at it intently. A student wearing a yellow jacket dropped his book as he stared at it. "It could be a trap," I said. 

"It definitely is," Lil agreed, looking at me. "We have to do something," Randall insisted and stepped forward. I grabbed his arm and pushed him back. "Do you really think that's a good idea?" I countered, raising my eyebrows. Randall pulled his arm away and looked back at the commotion. "Stuck-up skank," Jack muttered, gaining our attention. Within seconds a girl with short blonde hair ran over to the group of students. She held a dagger and cut the palm of her hand. 

She then muttered something and held her hand in front of the statue. Daniel soon stood by her and waited till she was done. The chick jumped down before the statue fell to the floor, it's limbs scattered throughout the concrete. Students screamed and dispersed throughout the area. "Holy....." I trailed then noticed the blonde chick staring at is. "Run..." she said, "Run!" The five of us took the hint and took off. 

~~~~

The music filled the bar as the five of us sat around a table. I sat in between Jack and Randall. I rested my hand on my chin, looking down at the little pendent that was once on the bracelet. "Drink," Hamish said as he slid me a shot glass. "No," I said, "I don't know you..."