Chapter Fifteen

Hamish wiped the cloth on the edge of the shelf. I took my blue flannel off of my shoulders and tied it around my waist. I continued to spray the tables down then wiped them with a cloth. "Can't remember doing this much cleaning the last time I was in this stupid group," Lilith said, scoffing. She swept the concrete ground as she walked. "There better be some kind of Mr. Miyagi-style lesson behind all this," Randall said, wiping the chair. I wiped my forehead and put my hands on my hips. "There's not," I said, "It's just cleaning." 

"Look on the bright side," Hamish walked over to the bar, "We could always sanitize them to death." I smirked and sat beside him, putting the bottle of cleaning spray on the counter. Hamish poured me a drink and handed it to me. "I vote we take their memories away and see how they like it," I said, grabbing the glass from Hamish. "But then they wouldn't know they were being punished," replied Hamish. "True," I said, sighing. 

Randall walked over to me and lifted up my arm, wiping the counter underneath it. "What's wrong with gutting them like pigs and leaving them to rot in the sun?" Jack asked. We all turned around to look at him, amazed by his gruesome suggestion. "Dude," Randall said and put the towel on my shoulder. I glared at him, throwing the cloth back at him. "Even I'm appalled," Lilith said as she continued to mop the floor. "Yeah," Jack sighed, "Midnight is not patient. He wants revenge, and blood. Mostly revenge." He waved the duster around as he spoke. 

Lilith walked over to me and handed me the mop. "Your turn," she said. 

"Why me?" 

"Because you're just sitting around."

I rolled my eyes and swept the floor. "Well," Hamish said, "Midnight's gonna have to wait."

"I keep telling him that, but he keeps pressing to be released," Jack replied. I rested my arm on the tip of the handle. "You need to keep him under control," Hamish said, "We've lost out greatest asset." 

"Our youthful optimism?" Randall guessed. "Our anonymity," Hamish said. "Our what?" I said, furrowing my eyebrows. Our leader ignored my confusion and continued to drink his beverage. "Once we retaliate, the Order is gonna know we have our memories back," Hamish said. 

"So let's just kill them then," I said, "Well, besides my mother because you know....she's all I have." 

"I was gonna say we need an exit strategy," Hamish said, annoyed. I handed Lilith the broom while I wiped down the counters. "So until then, what?" I asked. "Wax on," Randall sprayed the air, "Wax off." He hit the chair and wiped it with the towel. 

~~~~

 I rung the bloody towel into the bucket and recoiled from the awful odor. I dropped the towel, getting another quick pain. I rested my hands on the table and sighed in relief once the pain decreased. The others sighed in relief as well. "I would really like to kill that person whoever is doing that," I said, wiping the blood off of the table. Randall picked up an organ and dropped it into a bucket. "Just be patient," Jack said. "I am being patient," I claimed, picking up something and waving it in front of Randall. He glared at me and took it away from me. "I was talking to Midnight," Jack retorted. 

"I have an 'out-of-the-box' idea," Hamish said, "let's stay awhile." 

"Oh! You've got to be kidding me!" I exclaimed, pointing a body part at Ham-dog. "It's obvious that, as far as our training to be Knight's goes, we dropped the ball," Hamish replied. "Maybe a little," Lilith said. 

"Our predecessors were werewolves and practitioners," Hamish said. Randall took the bloody heart and threw it into the bucket, it made a 'plop' sound. "The more we learn, the more formidable we become," Hamish continued.