Chapter Seventeen

A/N: 'I' means your clone, this is for the fear corridor scene!

I walked beside Daniel, my purse hanging from my shoulder. Daniel put his arm around me as we walked. I tried not to cringe from the feeling of his arm. I knew I had to keep my cover, but sometimes I just couldn't stand the thought of being with him for this long. I sighed in relief once I felt my phone vibrate. 

Gabrielle: I see you and Daniel, use the psychology tricks I taught you. 

I turned my head and saw her sitting on a bench, she twirled her fingers in a waving motion. I looked down at my phone:

Gabrielle: Ask him what's 2+2 

Me: Okay?

"Who're you texting?" Daniel asked, taking his arm off of my shoulders. I slipped my phone back into my pocket. "Nobody," I said and cleared my throat, "Hey, what's 2+2?" He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and stepped back. 

"What?"

I stepped away from him and gave him a thumbs up. "I'll see you later!" I turned away, walking faster. I glanced back and saw he still had the same confused expression. I chuckled as I successfully had confused him. I walked the opposite direction, and walked to the Knights den. 

My feet hit the gravel pathway as I walked to the house. I pushed open the door and was greeted by my friends. "She's not wrong," Randall said to Jack, "It could use a little work." Randall looked at me and smiled. "Hey, my cupie is tight," Jack defended himself. "If I had to act this much I would have majored in theater," Lilith said, walking over to a chair. I sat down beside Randall, he swung his arm around my shoulders and I rested my head on his shoulder. "I've scheduled fake texts every 15 minutes," Jack said, "So I always have an excuse to get away from Gabrielle." 

"What?" I said, "That's a lot better than what I do." 

"What do you do?" Randall asked, looking down at me. "I use the psychology tricks that Gabrielle taught me," I answered, "They've worked the past few times I've tried." Hamish laughed and set a bottle of liqueur on the bar. "Like what?" Hamish asked. 

"What's 2+2?" I replied, "He gets confused every time." They chuckled. "Randall and I had to kiss each other to get away from our monitors," Hamish said, annoyed. My mouth dropped in surprise. "Yeah," Randall scoffed, " 'Had to', We 'had to'." (GIF Above). Randall shook his head. "What I hate is how everything's a lie, even if it doesn't feel that way," Lilith said, playing with the end of her sleeve. "Well," I sighed, "At least you're lying to each other." She looked up at me and smiled shyly. "Doesn't make it any easier," she responded. "Sometimes I wish I never got my memory back," Hamish said, opening up a bottle. "Sure would be a lot more peaceful," Jack said and looked at the ground. 

"Guys, you don't mean that," I said, "We wouldn't know each other."

"We'd be like strangers," Randall added. "I feel like a stranger  to myself," Lilith said, "I have to live in a fake apartment with fake friends." Hamish grabbed another bottle and poured the liquid into some glasses. "At least you have your own stuff, and your own place," Jack said, "I mean, Gabrielle treats me like her own private Ken doll." 

"She must have really hated her Ken dolls," Hamish commented, taking a sip of the bottle. "Crash here," I suggested. "No," Hamish disagreed, "We agreed, this place is only for debriefs, and the occasional cocktail." Ham-sandwich put the glass bottle down. "That's it!" Randall announced and got up from the couch, bringing me with him. "We have to destroy them!" He continued, "Let's go, right now." I pulled him back and shook my head. "That's a great fantasy," I said, "but we're a month into classes and we have to come up with a decent plan." Randall sighed in frustration. "Even if we did, they still have all our stuff," Lilith said, looking at the four of us. "Your hide lockers, Midnight," I added for her.