Chapter Twenty-Eight

I sat in my car with Randall and Jack, Randall sat beside me while Jack sat in the back. Randall and I listened to the radio while Jack just played on his phone. I glancing out of the window, making sure whoever came by was Alyssa or Salvador. "After five terminally ill children claimed an angel came to them in the night and cured them of illnesses as varies as cancer, Crabbe disease, and-" The man on the radio station said. Randall sighed, turning the volume down. "Wow," Randall said, "You hear that?" I nodded, taking a sip of my soda. "I'm glad I'm not on the respondio team," said Randall as he ate some fries. "Hey, dude, trying to study," Jack said. "You're not studying," I said, "You've been on your phone this whole time." 

"Yeah, studying..." 

"You mean studying the keyboard?" I said and leaned my head against the window. Jack and Randall got their familiar ringing sound, while I got my headache. "See? There it goes again," Randall said, "And why are we gonna do about it? nothing." 

"I vote doing something," I said. 

"You two know the rules, we gotta wait for permission," Jack said, not looking up from his phone. "That's all we've been doing for that last three months," I argued, "You hear the ringing, I get the headaches, then we track down the magic. It turns out to be a bunch of Prax-holes and my mom makes us sit here and wait." Randall and I sighed. "And wait, and wait, and wait," Randall and I said, Jack joined in after. "That was the deal, okay?" Jack said. 

"It's a bad idea, Jack, It's like..."Randall trailed, "Getting paid in bitcoin." I grabbed some of the fries and ate them. I sighed, looking out of the window. "Randall's right," I said, "We should have never signed that amnesty. If Lilith was here, we never would have." 

"Joining the Order was the only way to preserve the Knights," Jack said. "But we didn't 'preserve' the Knights, did we? or, uh... can't you count?" Randall argued. Jack threw his hands up and sighed. "We serve the Grand Magus' pleasure," Jack said. "See, that's another thing," Randall said. "I do not have time for your Hamish and Vera shipping theories!" Jack exclaimed. 

"I'm calling them Vermish," Randall said. "Gross," I commented, "I don't want to see the two of them in a room....alone...together..." 

"Yes! Yes, we get it," Jack interrupted, "I can't fail this exam." I looked to my left and saw a red flash of light erupt from one of the windows. "Still think we should ask for permission?" I countered, turning to Jack Morton. We hopped out of my red car and rushed inside of the building. We walked up the stairs, I walked ahead of the boys. "Where is everyone?" I asked as I looked around the room. "It looks like they're trying to lure a leprechaun," Jack said, walking over to a table that laid a tall wooden cross along with a circle of lit candles. 

"Wait, leprechaun's are real?" I questioned. 

"Oh yeah," Jack answered, "Except they're covered in fur and they've got claws and sharp teeth." 

"Oh, so like a mini werewolf?" I thought. "N-No, nothing like a mini werewolf," Jack said. I shrugged and looked over some of the papers that were pinned to the board. "Check it out, someone's clothes," Randall said, walking over to grab the clothes. "Oh, so they were here," I said, "Then there was a loud noise and a big, red light, and now..." 

"Puppy!" Randall interjected, now carrying a very cute dog. I gasped and walked over to him and pet the animal. "How cute," I said, smiling. 

"Me or the puppy?" Randall said. "Both," I answered. He looked at me and grinned, cheeks slightly blushing from my comment. "Do you know what happened here?" I asked. "I bet you do," Jack said towards the puppy, then showed us the other ear. Randall looked at the animal with a disgusted face.