Chapter Sixteen

I looked up at the abandon building, debating if I should even bother asking my mother about the power incantation. I finally gained enough courage to walk into the temple. I pushed the gate aside and walked up the stairs. I made sure that nobody saw me stroll into the vine covered house. I coughed as the dust surrounded me. I pushed open the stone piece and walked down the concrete pathway leading to the temple. 

The fire waved as I walked past each torch. "Well Y/N," Kepler said, "What a wonderful surprise!"

"Oh hi!" I greeted, smiling through the uneasiness. "Is my mother here?" I asked. She nodded and rose up from the small couch. "Right through that door," She responded, pointing at the double doors. I smiled in a thanking manner. I waved my hand and the double doors swung open. My mother looked up from her desk. "Hey sweetheart," she said, "What's going on?"

"Um," I sighed, waving the door shut behind me. "Can we talk?" I questioned. She slowly nodded then put the book she was reading back into its drawer. "What's going on?" she said, nervousness laced her words. "It's about the power incantation," I said, "I was looking through some books that you gave me, and I realized what is happening to me." She nodded, leaning against her chair. "How did it happen?" I inquired, but made sure to leave out the memory part. 

"Um....." she trailed and looked around the room, "Can we talk about this later?"

"Why?"

"I'm just really busy right now," she claimed, "I don't want to waste your time." I nodded slowly, standing up from the leather chair. She waved her hand and the wooden door swung open. "Have a nice day," she said, not looking up from her book. I grunted in frustration and stormed out of her office. Daniel tried to talk to me, but I pushed him aside before he could pester me anymore. 

~~~~

"She's so fucking annoying!" I yelled, "You know I'm considering killing her." Hamish shook his head, pouring me another drink. "I'm just tired of this," I said, "I just- I wish she didn't lie to me." Randall waved me over and patted the spot beside him. I grabbed the drink and sat beside him. He put his arm around my shoulders. "Guys," Jack said as he walked into the den, "Something happened." Jack set the cauldron on the bar. "Ooh shiny," Randall said and got up from the couch. Randall sat back down beside me, the cauldron in his hands. "I made a deal with Alyssa," Jack said, "She gives us the cauldron and we hunt down the tourist." 

"Smart," Hamish said, "Now we have an alibi." 

"Yeah great," Jack said, "Uh, look, I got to tell you guys something."

"What's so important about this cauldron anyways," Randall said, setting the cauldron on his head, I took it off (GIF Above). He looked at me with a sadden expression. I giggled and tasseled his hair. He glared at me, fixing his curly hair. "Guys-" Jack started, but all of us were to preoccupied with our current conversation. "According to legend it's been carried to the afterlife and sterilized in the river Acheron," Hamish explained, "Making the purest surface possible for creating potions."

"Yeah guys, look. I-" Jack tried to speak once more. Lilith sat up and stood beside Hamish. "Someone's been studying," Lilith teased. "What did I tell you? We have to take advantage of this opportunity," Hamish responded, smiling. "Guys! Will you shut up and listen to me?" Jack shouted. "Wow," Lilith said. "Looks like Midnight's pretty bitchy today," I commented as Lil handed me a drink. "No, it's not Midnight, anymore," Jack informed, "Alyssa took me down to this giant vault. All of our shit is down there, including our lockers. Silverback was there and I tried to take him."

"So now you have two hides in you?" I asked, slightly impressed. 

"Yeah, I do."

"Oh!" I said, "Shit, I was just kidding." Jack rolled his eyes and sat down on the chair. I finished my drink and set it on the bar. I leaned against it, standing next to Hamish. "Dude," Randall leaned forward, "You totally have to transform." Jack stood up from the chair and started to pace back and forth. "What if you become some kick-ass two headed war-wolf?" I guessed, smiling. "Were-lock," Hamish corrected, leaving my side to sit on a chair. "They're both sexist," Lilith commented.