Chapter Twenty Two

I sat beside Gabrielle, my chin resting on the palm of my hand. I yawned as I tried to pay attention in class. Foley wrote on the chalkboard and continued  to pace back and forth. "So, into an impoverished Athens in thick of war and civil unrest arrives Praxagora," Foley explained, "but after taking over with a feminist uprising, we realize that our heroine, spoiler alert, is a communist." Foley walked over to a student, whacking them on the head to wake them up. 

"but she's also a thief," he soon added while approaching the board again. Gabrielle brought her phone out, quickly texting Jack. "She wore a beard and presented herself with a male voice," Professor Foley continued to speak, "She hid in the shadows, pulling strings to achieve her goals." Gabrielle continued to text her boyfriend. The brunette looked around the room, her attention was soon drawn to the sound of the door opening. 

Jack walked in, his hair was back to normal. I let out a laugh and covered my mouth in shock. "What did you do to your hair!" Gabrielle exclaimed. The students around me chuckled at Gabrielle's exclamation. Jack glanced at Gabrielle then at Foley. 

Our professor cleared his throat, stepping in front of Jack and muttered something to him. Jack looked at the teacher and gave him a slight nod. Morton looked at me, I couldn't help but laugh some more. "So Jack," Foley cleared his throat once more, "What do you think about Praxagora using crime as a means to power?"

"Um... it wasn't her fault," Jack answered, "The government was corrupt." Gabrielle looked at her boyfriend, shocked as ever. She covered her face in disgust. "So you're saying she's blameless?" Foley questioned. "I think he's saying the power belongs to everyone," I said, earning an agreeing look from Foley and Jack. "and if Praxagora had to steal it to prove her point," I added, "maybe she was right." Morton reached over and gave me a high five. I glanced at him, we laughed. 

"So, chalk one up for the good guys, Ms. Stone and Mr. Morton?" Foley commented, looking between the two of us. There was a long pause between the three of us. Gabrielle sighed, rubbing the sides of her face. "Okay," Foley walked away, "Moving on..." Gab reached over and touched Jack's hair, he soon pushed her hand away. "Thanks to campus's recent football riot," Foley leaned against the table, "I have rescheduled your exam in Ethics and Classical Democracy for...tomorrow." My class (including myself) groaned in frustration and anger. "Go, Timberwolves," Foley cheered, sarcastically. 

~~~~

I walked out of my apartment and locked the door behind me, I slipped the key into my jean pocket. As I approached the exit door, a foot stopped me from leaving. I looked up and saw Daniel standing there with a pretty pissed off face. "Hey," I said, "Fancy seeing you here." 

"I live right across from you," he said, pointing to his door. "Right," I sighed, "What do you want Daniel?"

"What's going on between us?" he asked, I rolled my eyes and pushed him aside. "Y/N!" He yelled, "Baby, will you just talk to me?" I yelled in frustration, turning around to face him. "No," I said, "I will not fucking  talk to you! You wanna know why?" He crossed his arms and raised in eyebrow. "Do I really need to explain this to you?" I retorted. 

"Enlighten me, Y/N." 

"You talk to other girls, you won't stop talking about Gabrielle, you look at other girls," I listed, "Oh! and don't get me start on how big of a bitch you are!" His eyes widened, taken aback from my outburst. I furrowed my eyebrows as I waited for a response. "But I'm your bitch," he responded, I groaned and started walking again. Daniel ran after me and grabbed my hand. "I thought that's what all girls wanted," he said. 

"Really!" I exclaimed. "So, what's your answer?" he asked, "Can we get back together?"

"Once you stop acting like a dick, I'll reconsider it," I answered and turned back around, leaving Daniel on the moonlit sidewalk. I stepped into the Blade and Chalice to meet my friends. Hamish, Jack, and Randall sat at one of the tables. "Hey!" Randall greeted, throwing his arm around my shoulders. "What took you so long?" Hamish asked.