Prologue

= Camilla =

"Is that so?"

Blake's eyes were filled with desperation and fear. Fear? Why fear? Why desperation? He was the one who didn't want this in the first place. He loves her. It was always her. It was always Vivian.

"Please, just... listen to me. I didn't. I'm never-"

Unable to listen anymore, I turned away, grabbing Kade's hand in the process. "Let's go." Kade wrapped his arm around my shoulders and begins to walk me towards his car.

"Camilla! Wait! Please! I-"

Surprisingly, River and Niall grabbed onto Blake's arms, preventing him from getting to me.

"Wh-What are you guys doing? Let go of me! She's leaving. She can't leave! She can't leave me! Milla! Please! St-"

I didn't hear the rest of his speech. The door shut as Kade quickened his steps toward the driver's seat, Blake's pleading screams muffled from the car windows. I glanced into the side mirror and watched Blake as he tried to break free from the steel grips of his two brothers. River and Niall literally went on to drag him back into the palace walls.

"Ready?" Kade mumbled.

I watched dazed at the spot Blake was once standing before my head slowly drifted downwards, staring into my lap to keep Kade from seeing a tear slip from my eyes.

"As I'll ever be."