Chapter Twenty One

= Camilla =

I can't concentrate. I didn't know how to approach Blake since we, did the thing.

I mean, we said we'd be friends, but not friends with benefits. I mean, we can have benefits, but not that kind. Hey, what are you thinking of?

Those two are completely different things. But, as much as I hate to admit it, I still love Blake. But not because of the, thing we did. But because of him.

Blake Royal. The kind and gentle boy he was. That may have been him in the past, but I know he is still like that deep down. He's also very calm and intelligent. He may seem serious, but that just shows how determined he is. I admire his strength and healthy, fit body that I wished I could feel against mine again.

What the heck?

I slapped my cheeks a few times. Get your head out of the gutter Camilla! No no. Bad girl!

"What are you doing?"

"Gah!" I fell out of the comfortable chair I was sitting on in the library, by book falling off my lap as I face-planted the plush and soft carpeted floor. Then I heard a choking sound and a roar of laughter. I tilted my head up and peeled through my hair that fell over my face as I watched Blake laugh his head of. Tears began to form in the corners of his eyes as he continued to laugh.

"Huff, huff, oh fuck, this is so painful," he said through each panting breath, leaning towards the door frame and rested his forehead on his arm.

I groaned as I untangled myself from my pretzel shaped self. "You deserve it, you meanie."

I pulled myself up as I stretched out my sore muscles. I sighed once I got back into my peaceful spot and picked up my fallen book.

"So what's up? You need something?" I asked.

He stared at me with a blank face, saying nothing. The only things that can be heard are our soft breaths. Okay.

"Well, nice chat. I'll see you later, I guess?" I said awkwardly. I just don't know what to say!

I started to pick up my books that I had started to read and started to walk off before he stopped me. He placed his arm in front of me before I can walk through the door and grabbed my shoulder. He pulled me into a hug as I dropped the books. Again.

I face planted into his chest and let out a surprised "oof". Dang, this guys is built. My nose hurts. His arms tightened around my shoulders as I heard a small click from the doors that I believe he shut because the air that came through the door is now gone.

"-me"

I turned my head where my left ear would come closer to his mouth.

"What?"

He took a breath as he pulled me closer and breathed in my scent from my hair. Ah, I hope I'm not sweating right now.

"Vivian was cheating on me," he said more firmly.

I gasped. She was cheating on Blake? That son of a nutcracker!

"I'm sorry to hear that. How are you?"

Silence. Then he sighed.

"I don't know. All I remember feeling that time was anger. Anger, guilt, betrayal. But the thing that I felt the most was relief. I know that sounds messed up, but I just feel like we weren't truly meant for one another. I mean, I thought I loved her, but now? I don't feel anything for her. I don't know what I'm supposed to feel."

I didn't know what to say after hearing that. What can I say? He's confused with what he's feeling, but I don't know what I can say to him. Instead, I just wrapped my arms around him. I felt him tense a bit, but then he relaxed and accepted the comfort. For now, this was all I could do for him, for even I didn't know what I was feeling. Who would I be to give him advice about his feelings when I can't even understand my own?

~*~

After that day, Blake and I have been hanging out more. We've been going to the cafe, the movies, taking walks in the park, and just... hanging out. It's been so much fun. We got the chance to get to know more about each other. Blake enjoys boxing, basketball, racing, and surprisingly even fencing. I began to see more of the little Blake that I used to see when I was a kid.

His eyes would twinkle with delight every time he saw something he liked, how his nose would twitch every time he got embarrassed and a blush colors his cheeks as he tries to hide it.

Currently, we were talking about our childhood as we lie down on the fresh green grass while staring up at the puffy clouds filled the sky in chunks.

"Seriously? How did he even get through that?"

He chuckled. "Well, lets just say that my mom had to get up and grab a nearby cloth and toss it to him to cover it up. Thank god the media didn't catch him pissing himself."

"He was, what, seven at the time?"

He laughed. "Yeah. I'll never forget that day. Niall and I teased him for months. River is still embarrassed about it, but laughs it off. Ah, I miss those days."

His eyes dimmed a bit as I looked at him. His head was next to mine, our feet pointing opposite ways. Shaped like the yin and yang. Come to think about it, I never saw River nor Niall since our wedding. That's was like, almost six months ago? Four? Five-ish?

"Well, you still talk to each other though, right?"

He sighed. "Nope. Niall is busy with the knights and who knows where River is right now. Probably napping on a tree before he goes to another party tonight."

I hummed. Niall Royal is the commander of the knights in this kingdom. I heard we was a very stern person. Serious and strict with his army, but a very respected leader and prince. He's the prince known to be very handsome and dominant. Most of the ladies fought for his attention, but he wouldn't pay any attention to them. I heard many different rumors that he was gay or only used women for his own pleasure. But of course, rumors are rumors. When I met him, he seemed very kind despite his tough exterior.

As for River Royal, he was known as the misfit royal. The black sheep apparently. He always went to parties, was irresponsible, bedded women every night and would ditch them the morning after. Rumor has it that he aims for virgins. But of course, who knows. When I met River, his eyes were empty. His smile didn't reach his eyes and he just looked... broken. I can tell that he's a softy at heart, but has a barrier around him to keep anyone from entering. But I can see that with his brothers, he's more comfortable. There's a speck of light with them. But it only lasts for a short period of time, for once they leave, he looks like a lost puppy.

I feel for these brothers. I feel like they are so close to one another, but they just don't seem to have the time to bond anymore. Niall with his army and Blake about to take over the company and kingdom. The process doesn't begin until the eleventh month of his marriage. It's been... six months, and just five more for him to become the king he is meant to be. He's been attending meetings and lessons with his father to get the knack of things that go on around here.

"-you?"

I snapped back to reality. I turned over to see him propped on his elbow as he stared down at me.

"What?"

He smirked, eyes twinkling with amusement. "How about you? Any nice memories from your childhood?"

I stared at him, one particular memory flashing in my mind. "A promise."

An eyebrow rose in curiosity. "A promise? What promise?"

I gazed into his eyes, searching for any recognition. "A promise I made with a boy years ago. Twelve years to be exact."

He hummed. "What was it? Do I know this person?"

"A friend I had when he used to come over. We made a promise that I would there for him if he was hurt. Or just when he needs me at all."

"That's sounds nice. Who was it?"

I waited for his reaction of recognition. "You don't remember?"

Blake's brows furrowed in confusion. "Remember what?"

"A little girl. A little girl with pigtails and cried every time she got hurt. Her mother used to always use magic on her to wash the pain away with a kiss. Ring any bells?"

His face continued to show no recognition. Then I noticed, he didn't remember me at all.