Chapter Twenty Two

= Camilla =

"Surprise!"

Kade, Eve and Ali screamed once I opened the door. My jaw dropped as I saw them all and screamed with them. We did that group hug thingy where you hug everyone and jump with excitement at the same time.

"Oh my gawd girl, I haven't seen you in ages," Kade said with a girly voice. I laughed as Eve and Ali groaned in disgust.

"Never do that again," Eve said.

"Ever," Ali added.

"Oh come on, where's your guys' humor at?" Kade laughed. "Also, we brought you something special." Kade took something out from behind his back. It was a box of a dozen donuts from Zara's Cafe!

"Oh my goodness, you did not!"

Their eyes twinkled with excitement.

"Oh my goodness, we did!" Eve squealed.

"We would never miss this day for the world Millie," Ali smiled.

"Happy 19th Birthday bish!" They screamed as they pulled me in for another hug. I sighed with happiness. I'm so glad I have these guys in my life.

"Wait, how did you guys get past the guards?" I asked.

Eve and Kade both looked at a guilty looking Ali. She fidgeted with her bracelets on her thin wrist, something that she does when she's guilty of something.

I placed my hands on my hips to make myself look intimidating, which I should say, am failing miserably at. "Alice Aurora Quincy, what have you done this time?"

Ali looked at me with guilt in her blue eyes. "I-I may have kinda... had a fit with the guards out in front. But I didn't beat anyone this time, honest!"

"She kinda did though."

"Shut up Kade," she hissed.

I rose a brow. "Alice, what did you do?"

She fumbled with her fingers and stared at her shoes as if it were the most interesting thing in the world. "I-I may have kinda got up in someone's face and almost went all karate kid on one of the guards."

"And that guard being none other than the royal commander himself," Eve finished.

Ali glared at Eve.

"But Niall was about to kick us out until he seemed to have recognized us from your wedding. So he let us in once Ali managed to convince him to let us in," Eve explained.

I looked back at Ali who looked at me with her puppy dog eyes. I frowned at her and she smiled awkwardly. I sighed with defeat.

"Okay okay. You're forgiven. But you have to apologize to those guards along with Niall. Good thing he at least recognized you or else I would only get to see you in the palace prison."

Ali's eyes brightened and she squealed with happiness. She jumped-hugged me, "Thank you thank you thank you! I love you Millie!" She said as she gave me a sloppy kiss on the cheek.

"Ugh, yuck! No more of your sloppy kisses Ali, gross."

They all laughed and we headed straight towards the garden to enjoy some donuts and missed company.

~*~

"Oh no you didn't."

"Yes I did."

"But how?"

"I just did."

"No way."

Eve and Ali laughed at their "conversation" as Kade stared at them in confusion. He looked over at me with a shocked look on his face.