Chapter Six

= Blake =

I couldn't wait any longer.

I had to see her.

Vivian

I'm so sorry Viv.

I'm so sorry for keeping this stupid wedding a secret from you.

I mashed on the car brake as I stopped in front of Viv's penthouse. My feet felt like it weighed a million tons as I dashed out of the elevator and came in front of her bright white-polished door. I knocked and cried out for her to open the door. Before my fist made an impact with the door again, the door swung open and a petite arm shot out to drag me into the darkened room.

"What the hell were you thinking? I was out with a couple of friends and suddenly had to witness my boyfriend in the cafe television getting married to some wench! How do you think I felt when I had to endure the embarrassment in front of them? My family? The whole school?!"

"Babe, I'm sorry. I had to because-"

"Because why? Have another girl at your beck-and-call? What am I? A god damn replacement?"

My heart had thumped in desperation and anger. Anger towards myself for not telling her beforehand. At her for not listening to me. Why can't she just understand that as the future king and CEO of the Jade Company and Kingdom, I had to follow my father's commands to get them?

"Sweetheart, listen to me for a sec. Once I get the company and the kingdom, you'll be my queen? I just have to do what my dad says until then. That girl is nothing to me. She's just a pawn to get to that throne. If not, one of my brothers would have taken it, and I can't let that happen since I am the only one who can right now."

By the time I finished my little speech, my breaths came out in small pants as I scanned Viv's reaction. Her face was blank; void of emotion. Then, she sat down on her leather couch, forcing me to continue to stand despite the deep desire to sit down and comfort her. As if she had read my thoughts, she scooted closer to me and wrapped her small arms around my waist.

"Once you get those, will you leave her? For me?"

"Yes. Yes, I will," I placed my arms around her back. "Of course I would come for you. I always will."

She nodded against my stomach as we just stayed still for a while more.

~*~

= Camilla =

It's almost midnight, and he still hasn't come back.

Blake has been gone since the end of the wedding this afternoon and I'm starting to worry about him.

Is he okay?

Where is he?

Who was he with?

Can he possibly be with-

I shook my head.

No. There's no way. Is it possible that...

He's with this Vivian?

Is she possibly his girlfriend?

If so, then what have I done?

Before I could continue to lose my mind, the door from the front of the house had unlocked and opened. Speaking of the devil, it was Blake who had walked in, looking relieved and tense at the same time. If that had made any sense at all. Once he shut the door, I stood up from where I sat and faced him as he did the same. His once happy expression then fell drastically and turned grim.

"Uh... H-"

"Shut up. I don't wanna listen to your pathetic voice," he said coldly.

I swallowed as a lump formed in my throat, trying to hold back the tears that began to well within my eyes. He stalked towards me threateningly, causing me to unconsciously back up until my back had hit the wall.

When did that get here?

Suddenly, Blake grabbed onto my wrist tightly, causing me to wince in pain.

"-nt you."

Confused, I glanced up into his deadly eyes. "What?"

"You heard me."

I flinched as he slammed his hand against the wall behind me.

"I don't want you. I love another. You are just a pawn in getting what I want. You're the unwanted bride. Remember that."

His hand dropped to his side as he walked away, leaving me with tears sliding down my face and a broken heart.