Chapter Thirty-Six

= Camilla =

A warm and gentle light appeared through the cracks to reveal a patch of curly brown hair and a crystal blue eye. 

"Junie!" I squealed.

June blinked in recognition and smiled widely as the door crept open wider. 

"Millie!" June gasped. She came out from behind the door and trotted over to me, wrapping her thin arms around my waist as she rubbed her face into my stomach.

"Millie, Millie, Millie! It's Millie!" she cried with joy. 

I smiled as I felt tears prick my eyes. It's June. Blake brought me over here to see June!

"Hi, Junie. It's so good to see you again," I smiled. 

June giggled softly and her grip around my neck was loose. Her adorable, yellow dress puffed around her legs, the ends scratching my exposed toes from my sandals. 

"Brother Blake told me that you were gonna come here. I was so excited and made some cookies for you," she beamed. 

I smiled widely and ruffled her hair. "Aw, that's so sweet of you Junie. I'm so excited to try them."

Blake came up to place his hand onto her shoulder, him having to bend down to be able to reach her shoulders.

"How about we go show them to her now?"

June nodded with excitement and moved over to another door. She opened it and led us straight into a round room with a glass dome over our heads, the moonlight shining down into the room. 

"I only come into this room at night. Papa and Mama had some people put some lanterns onto the rim of the walls so I can light them up at night time when I want to come in here."

I smiled at her enthusiasm. Even though she can't see the sunlight and do things without lanterns, she still takes all of those activities and does them at night. Since it's much more dangerous at night to do things freely, more guards are brought indoors. I think Xander had ordered for more guards to this side of the palace to protect June from outsiders. But those guards had to follow strict orders and anything that they do wrong would be punished harshly.

Even death.

In the other door, June had a combination of a kitchen and a snack bar. That room was smaller compared to the other two rooms. Even though I only caught a glimpse of it, I could see that her personal bedroom was both a bedroom and a playroom with a bookshelf installed into a part of the wall and some other things on the other. Her bathroom was also installed into her bedroom. 

In this room, it was room with a cute round table at the other end of the room, the room curved and a part of it was centered with a window. The cream colored wall had fake vines, pink and yellow flowers, and leaves with lights streaming down every vine. When I look closer, I noticed a bunch of printed photos pinned onto the vines in a beautiful pattern. Photos of the Royal family together in this room and in the garden right outside these rooms. Their faces were lit with brightened smiles that seemed much more genuine than all of the other photos I had seen outside of this room. 

"Mama and Papa and big brothers come and visit me whenever they can. Every time they come, we always take pictures. I asked Mama for some pins and they helped me pin them onto the vines."

"Ohh," I drawled. "They're so beautiful."

I felt my lips twitch up higher when I noticed a photo with the entire Royal family together in the garden. Their eyes twinkled brightly as they smiled into the camera. The one beside it had June wearing a crown lopsided as she laughed with her eyes shut, everyone else staring lovingly at her with bright eyes. 

It was actually kind of surprising to see how the Royal brothers smiled. I never saw Niall and River truly smile before. As for Blake, I don't believe I have yet to see one like this. Seeing how they are in here, I am sure that it was such a beautiful sight to see in the moment. 

"Millie?"

"Hm?" I asked, glancing down at the nervous face of June.

"What's wrong Junie? Are you hurt? Did I do something wrong?"

June schook her head and nervously twiddled her thumbs. "Uh, uh-"

Blake watched his sister, troubled.

June pouted and her head slowly fell. I crouched down and waited, gently smiling at her patiently. "Take your time Junie. Whenever you are ready, you can tell me."

June glanced up into my eyes and back down to her hands, her cheeks flushing gently. 

June huffed and suddenly shouted as loud as her tiny voice could. 

"C-can we take a p-picture today t-to keep as a m-memory?"

I felt my eyes widen with shock, Blake doing the same before glancing around his little sister's now trembling body as she gasped for her breath.

"June?" Blake cried.

June glanced up at Blake as his hands trembled a little, not knowing what to do about the situation.

"I-I want to have a picture with Millie. I like her. And she's your wife right? Doesn't that mean that she's my sister now?"

June seemed like she was about to cry and Blake gasped with fright. 

"Of course she is June. But there's no need to be afraid to ask for anything. You can take whatever pictures you want."

June pouted and looked down to her feet. "But, Papa told me that I have to ask to take pictures of people because some has the fear of having their pictures taken. That's what happened when I took a picture of the bunny, but it ran off because of the light."

My lips trembled from trying not to smile during this situation, because you can see the embarrassment on her face. Well, also that tinly sliver of fear that she has because she's afraid that I'll be afraid of the flash of light that would come out of her camera. 

She's...just...too...

ADORABLE

I exhaled a trembling breath and stifled a laugh, a smile growing big on my face. I could feel my heart soar with joy. 

"Of course we can."

June looked up at me and sighed with relief, a smile pulling up from her lips with a bright hue glowing on her pale cheeks.

"Okay!" she cheered.

I laughed and held onto June's hands as she led me over to the round tea table where she had placed a plate of her cookies shaped and decorated as sunflowers with some teacups also designed with sunflowers. 

From that moment on, we had her cookies together and took plenty of photos for her photo wall until midnight came and wished us off to a night of sweet dreams.

~*~ 

I hope you all have a wonderful day or sweet dreams, wherever you are reading this in this world.