Chapter Thirty-Two

= Camilla = 

That was the last time I saw June. 

Well, for now, I think.

No one besides close relatives and assigned servants and guards is allowed near June. I don't know when I would be able to see her again, but I know that we will meet again one day. It's sad really. It's been a week already and I still miss her.

Knock Knock

I glanced up from the book I had in my hands as I sat at the small table next to the open window, a gentle breeze blowing the curtains. "Yes?"

Grace was the one who came in. She smiled when she saw me, bringing in a fresh batch of laundry to put into my closet. She slightly bowed as she came in. "Good afternoon your highness. I have brought in some of your dresses."

"Thank you Grace, for doing this for me. I would do it, but-"

"Oh no your highness. It's my job to do it. You are to relax and enjoy your time."

I smiled gratefully as I glanced back down at my book. 

"Oh yes, I forgot to mention. Your friends, Miss Evelyn and Miss Alice are here to visit, along with Sir Kade. They said that they wanted to speak to you about the upcoming graduation ceremony next month."

I shut my book once I heard my friend's names were mentioned as I slipped on my ankle boots. "They're here? They said they wouldn't be here for another half-hour because of traffic."

Grace smiled a strange secretive smile. "I do not know your highness. Perhaps the traffic has been cleared up quicker than usual?"

Grace bowed slightly before leaving mysteriously. I rose a brow and shrugged it off. I grabbed my bag full of papers that I printed out from the pdf's that Kade sent to me. Quickly, I went down to the garden area where Niall usually brings them to, unless it was raining of course. 

I went down the steps, the guards keeping a distance yet still having a clear view of my presence. I was able to ask for some space from my guards, and Niall agreed. However, it was only a small distance away from me. They can't be too far from me. Even though, I still feel safe when they are just a few yards away from me. 

I turned the corner and crashed into someone. Before I could fall, an arm wrapped around my waist. 

"Oh, hi there Everett."

"Hello there your highness."

I quickly stood back up and grabbed onto my bag that fell onto the floor. "Sorry, I was in a rush and I wasn't watching where I was going."

Everett shook his head. "Oh no, it was my fault your highness. I should have watched where I was going and stuck closer to the wall."

There was a silence for a moment before I remembered where I was going. "Alright then. Again, I apologize for bumping into you, but I have to go. I'll speak to you next time, yes?"

Everett smiled and nodded. "I'll be looking forward to it your highness. Until next time."

That's when I ran off as a red cloth brightened in the corner of my eyes. 

~*~

"But that wouldn't make any sense. The diamonds would look better with that dress. Wouldn't the sapphires make it too much? You're gonna end up looking like the cookie monster."

Eve scoffed. "No it won't. It would match. It'll just make it much more sexy."

Kade threw his head back and groaned. "Can we please go back to talking about something I do care for, or else I'll end up shooting myself."