Chapter Twenty Seven

= Camilla =

"You're inviting us to the Blooming Ball?!"

"Sh-sh-sh! Guys! You promised not to shout!" I whisper-yelled.

Eve and Ali quickly covered their mouths to stifle their surprise. The Blooming Ball was the biggest event that the Jade Palace had every spring. It was to present the fresh blooming flowers that had begun to bloom to symbolize a fresh start of the new year.

"But, are you sure we are even allowed to go? I mean, this is usually a special event for royalty and rich people only," Eve whispered.

I leaned in along with them as we began to whisper to one another, people glancing curiously at us within the tiny cafe. The bodyguards that remained by my side have been surrounding our table and outside. If I were to go out, I would have to have my security tripled. Just in case. And because I've been stressed out, Diana had requested that I only go out for important things only. This time, this will be my important outing.

"Yes, but I asked Diana if I can invite you guys and she accepted since you guys are my friends."

And that she wants me to be able to feel comfortable and get my mind off of things going on around me while they all go investigate things. Of course, she doesn't think I know this, but I do. That was just how the Royals are.

"What? Seriously? Oh em gee, I can't believe this! We're gonna-"

I shushed Ali as Eve smacked a hand over her mouth. I sighed and Ali apologized with glittering eyes. Eve removed her hand from Ali and fell back into her seat. I took a sip of my peach tea as I looked around. People would glance here and there at me and then begin to whisper to their companion.

I nervously looked back down at my tea and then glanced back up at the two troublemakers. "Anyways, do you want to go shop for sime dresses before I head back or do you guys already have something to wear?"

"Uh, heck yeah we're going shopping. Do you even need to ask?" Ali giggled.

For some reason, I felt instant regret once I asked that. I felt two hands grab onto mine and off we went. Niall had opened the door for us three to get in and shut it once we all got in. Well, before Ali gave him a small smile before walking in. Niall's face remained impassive and headed over to the driver's seat.

Fortunately, we all made it to the mall safely. I've been feeling anxious lately everywhere I go. Even when I'm in my own bedroom, I'm terrified to fall asleep because I would get nightmares about dead birds and being drowned.

We've spent about four hours at the mall, trying on different dresses and finding accessories to go with the dresses. By the time we finished, Eve had bought about three different dresses to wear and Ali bought more accessories than dresses, but she did buy two because she couldn't pick one.

"Miss Evelyn, Miss Alice, we will be driving you back home safely before driving back Princess Camilla. She must be getting back before dusk due to safety precautions," Niall reported.

Eve awed as Ali stared at Niall with amusement. How she does it, I have no clue.

"That sounds good. Thanks Niall. For doing all of this," I responded sincerely.

Niall just nodded and we all drove back home as the sun began to set.

~*~

"How was hanging out with your friends?"

I dropped the bags down onto my bedroom floor as I stood back up and stretched. "It was fun. It was a bit tiring though from all of that walking and having to change from one thing to another."

Blake hummed and I heard footsteps step up behind me. I felt his arms go around my waist and I placed my hands onto his. He placed his chin onto my shoulder and kissed the base of my neck where it met my shoulders. I tilted my head back onto his chest as he gained more access.

"What did you do today?" I asked.

"Nothing much. Just some stuff to do in the office," he mumbled into my neck, causing a delicious vibration to radiate from my neck down. I hummed as he began to pepper more tiny kisses on my neck.

"That sounds like fun," I said sarcastically. "All of that paperwork must have been tiring."

I felt Blake stiffen behind me. I noticed that and he must have known that I did. I turned my head along with my body his way. His arms loosened as I turned in his embrace to face him.

"What's wrong?"

His hands tightened around me as he gave me a small smile. Shaking his head, he pulled me in closer to the point where nothing was untouched. "Nothing. There was a lot of paperwork and meetings, but there is nothing fun about them."

"Oh," I nodded. "Well then, you should go shower and head off to bed then. Do you want dinner to be brought up?"

He sighed and placed his head on top of mine. "I just stopped by to say hi. After this, I have to head back down to meet with some of those investigators."

"Hmm."

We remained that way before I heard him clutch me tighter for a moment before pulling away. "I should get going. You get ready and head down for dinner. I asked one of our chefs to make you that pasta that you like so much."

I smiled as I thought about the creamy alfredo chicken pasta that our chef, Mickey, makes. I can't wait.

"Alright. Will you be eating too?"

Blake shook his head sadly. "I can't. The meeting should last about an hour or two before I go back to the office for some phone calls and paperwork."

"Oh, okay then. I can see you later then, yeah?"

Blake nodded and his head came down to give me a small peck. Even though it was a small tap, waves of electricity shot through my body, heating up my body with addictive waves.

"Kay, I gotta get going now before Niall bites my head off about it."

I nodded and he gave me one last kiss, a little harder this time, before rushing off downstairs. I grazed my fingers on my lips before getting myself changed. 

Time for some pasta!